Ben Bryant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Bryant

Ben Bryant, now at E MI, is doing reasonably well as the Eagles' QB. He has a QB rating of 151.76 over their 6 games. He has thrown 7 TD passes with 2 INTs, and also ran one in. EMU are 4-2 on the season.

So, good for him.

Ben leads Eastern Michigan against Liberty in the Lending Tree Bowl today at 5:45 on E$PN. I'll watching and hope he has a great game. I hope the announcers continually refer to him as Cincinnati Transfer Ben Bryant!

Comment

Ben lit up the MAC with EMU and is now in the portal as grad transfer. Do you go get him if he wants to come back?
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Ben lit up the MAC with EMU and is now in the portal as grad transfer. Do you go get him if he wants to come back?
        Would Bryant be subject to sitting out a year, since he already made one immediate transfer? Or, more likely, the NCAA would grant a waiver, since he's a grad student? If believe that's what happened with Hayden Koval.

Comment

Would he really want to sit behind Prater? He would be a great resource as a grad assistant/player but I believe that he would still be back-up.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Would Bryant be subject to sitting out a year, since he already made one immediate transfer? Or, more likely, the NCAA would grant a waiver, since he's a grad student? If believe that's what happened with Hayden Koval.
            As a grad I don’t think he has to sit.

Also, unless he just wants to be back here, he’s not coming as a backup.

Denbrock’s status is in play here as well.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

UC! https://twitter.com/benbryant_6/stat...30697199128584

Comment

Via Justin Williams:

Bryant transferred to and started at Eastern Michigan in 2021, leading the Eagles to a 7-6 record with 3,121 passing yards (68.4 completion percentage), 16 total TDs and 7 INTs. He returns to the #Bearcats as a graduate transfer, immediately eligible.

Comment

What’s the point?
                  My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
                    What’s the point?
                    Bryant is a proven commodity with at least Gino and Luke, plus lit up the MAC. It's better to have too many QB's than not enough QB's. Competition is good. I still think Prater will be "The Guy" and become the soul of this football team, but by all accounts Ridder easily won the open competition at Camp Higher Ground, so maybe the coaches want to push everyone harder to be his best. Worst case scenario, we have two QB's ready to start in case of injury.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I also think that Bryant can be a leader/coach for this team. With all of the seniors leaving (30), we need an older guy even if he is a back-up. Maybe he does want to coach in the future and he believes that this location is the best opportunity to learn.

Comment

We can be too quick to automatically annoint people as the next....whatever. I too hope Prater is everything we think he is but he hasn't proven anything at this level yet. You certainly don't stop recruiting his position and balancing out the classes which is what is happening here. Plus as Bret said, I think Ben is hoping this positions him for coaching opportunities in the future.
                        Also Prater is probably going to run quite a bit, which makes him susceptible to getting banged up. Two different types of QB's make you a double threat to prepare for and very unpredictable. We just proved you can't have too much upper class maturity and leadership. I think its a great move.

Comment

He’s back.

Comment

Yep and I think we have an idea who the OC is going to be based on this. Can't imagine he'd come back to UC only to run into a new system. Gino SZN
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I was originally very sad to see him go. At the time, I thought he was better than Ridder. When I heard today that he was coming back, I was initially disappointed and wondered what message that was sending to other players on our team. However, as has been noted, having veteran leadership on the team is a good quality to have. Now it actually makes me think of when Ben Mauk came for a year and did a heck of a job. I sure wish he could have played another year. So, at the end of today, I am very happy to welcome Ben back. It is bizarre even still.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X