Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cronin transfers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cronin transfers

    - Nysier Brooks, senior at Miami (FL): 6.4 points, 6.4 rebounds, 1.0 blocks per game in 24.7 minutes over 18 games (Miami is 7-11 overall, with a 3-10 record in the ACC).

    - Trevor Moore, senior at Morgan State: 9.4 points, 2.9 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 34.2% from three (26/76) in 24.6 minutes over 15 games (Morgan State leads the MEAC North). On January 27, Moore hit 7/12 threes on the way to 27 points in a loss to Coppin State.

    - Logan Johnson, junior at Saint Mary's: 11.6 points, 3.3 rebounds, 1.8 assists in 29.3 minutes over 12 games. Last year, his numbers were worse than his year at UC, but he has stepped up this season. SMC (11-5, 2-3 in the WCC) has not played since January 23, when Logan had 20 points -- six off his career high from earlier this year. He still cannot hit from deep, currently 5/26 from behind the arc.

    - Eliel Nsoseme, junior at Georgia State: 12.7 points, 10.3 rebounds, 1.6 blocks in 27.2 minutes over 11 games (Ga. State is 8-5 but 2-4 in the Sunbelt - with 6 PPDs). Eliel scored 22 in the season opener (4OT) and once pulled down 20 rebounds in 29 minutes versus Mercer.

    - Prince Toyambi, sophomore at Georgia Southern: 6.1 points, 5.8 rebounds in 16.4 minutes over 21 games. (Ga. Southern is 12-9 and 6-6 in the Sunbelt). Georgia Southern and Georgia State have two scheduled games this week against each other.

    - LaQuill Hardnett, sophomore at Buffalo: 5.0 points, 4.2 rebounds in 17.5 minutes over 14 games - some progress from a quiet freshman year. (Buffalo is 8-6, with a 6-4 record in the MAC).


  • #2
    I'm just going to say it. We could have used Eli this year. He rebounds out of his area.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

    Comment


    • #3
      I agree he was the biggest loss. I have watched Brooks numerous times and he hasn't improved a bit. Still lazy with a low motor. I didn't understand his transfer and sitting a year. The rest of the guys were all capable but never more than low minute roll players. Glad to see they are all getting to play some and making the best of their careers.

      Comment


      • #4
        Nysier Brooks tonight vs UVA: 38 minutes, 5 points, 0 rebounds, 0 blocks, 3 turnovers

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
          - Nysier Brooks, senior at Miami (FL): 6.4 points, 6.4 rebounds, 1.0 blocks per game in 24.7 minutes over 18 games (Miami is 7-11 overall, with a 3-10 record in the ACC).

          - Trevor Moore, senior at Morgan State: 9.4 points, 2.9 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 34.2% from three (26/76) in 24.6 minutes over 15 games (Morgan State leads the MEAC North). On January 27, Moore hit 7/12 threes on the way to 27 points in a loss to Coppin State.

          - Logan Johnson, junior at Saint Mary's: 11.6 points, 3.3 rebounds, 1.8 assists in 29.3 minutes over 12 games. Last year, his numbers were worse than his year at UC, but he has stepped up this season. SMC (11-5, 2-3 in the WCC) has not played since January 23, when Logan had 20 points -- six off his career high from earlier this year. He still cannot hit from deep, currently 5/26 from behind the arc.

          - Eliel Nsoseme, junior at Georgia State: 12.7 points, 10.3 rebounds, 1.6 blocks in 27.2 minutes over 11 games (Ga. State is 8-5 but 2-4 in the Sunbelt - with 6 PPDs). Eliel scored 22 in the season opener (4OT) and once pulled down 20 rebounds in 29 minutes versus Mercer.

          - Prince Toyambi, sophomore at Georgia Southern: 6.1 points, 5.8 rebounds in 16.4 minutes over 21 games. (Ga. Southern is 12-9 and 6-6 in the Sunbelt). Georgia Southern and Georgia State have two scheduled games this week against each other.

          - LaQuill Hardnett, sophomore at Buffalo: 5.0 points, 4.2 rebounds in 17.5 minutes over 14 games - some progress from a quiet freshman year. (Buffalo is 8-6, with a 6-4 record in the MAC).
          Nysier Brooks scored a career high of 21 points last week on Senior Day/Night. Miami is the #13 seed in the ACC Tournament and will face #12 Pitt on Tuesday afternoon with #5 Clemson waiting on Wednesday (both ACC Network).

          Trevor Moore's Morgan State will open conference tournament play in the MEAC Quarterfinals on Thursday against Florida A&M. Moore has cooled down, scoring single digits the last five games (including just 4/18 from three).

          Logan Johnson is now the leading scorer for Saint Mary's at 13.4 points per game. He and SMC face #1 Gonzaga tonight at 9:00 p.m. ET on ESPN in the WCC semifinals (SMC had a double bye and won it's QF game on Saturday, in which Johnson scored 25).

          Eliel Nsoseme will be on ESPN2 at 7:00 p.m. ET tonight in the Sun Belt final. Nsoseme has averaged 13.5 points and 12.0 rebounds in Georgia State's first two conference tournament games. Ga. State faces App. State in the championship game.

          Prince Toyambi's season is over, finishing with averages of 5.7 points, 6.0 rebounds in 16.7 minutes over 26 games.

          LaQuill Hardnett finished the regular season averaging 6.6 points and 4.3 rebounds per game for Buffalo, including 20 points versus Central Michigan in late February. Buffalo is the #2 seed in the MAC, opening the MAC Tournament in the quarterfinals on Thursday versus Miami U. Toledo is the #1 seed.


          Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-08-2021, 12:06 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
            - Nysier Brooks, senior at Miami (FL): 6.4 points, 6.4 rebounds, 1.0 blocks per game in 24.7 minutes over 18 games (Miami is 7-11 overall, with a 3-10 record in the ACC).

            - Trevor Moore, senior at Morgan State: 9.4 points, 2.9 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 34.2% from three (26/76) in 24.6 minutes over 15 games (Morgan State leads the MEAC North). On January 27, Moore hit 7/12 threes on the way to 27 points in a loss to Coppin State.

            - Logan Johnson, junior at Saint Mary's: 11.6 points, 3.3 rebounds, 1.8 assists in 29.3 minutes over 12 games. Last year, his numbers were worse than his year at UC, but he has stepped up this season. SMC (11-5, 2-3 in the WCC) has not played since January 23, when Logan had 20 points -- six off his career high from earlier this year. He still cannot hit from deep, currently 5/26 from behind the arc.

            - Eliel Nsoseme, junior at Georgia State: 12.7 points, 10.3 rebounds, 1.6 blocks in 27.2 minutes over 11 games (Ga. State is 8-5 but 2-4 in the Sunbelt - with 6 PPDs). Eliel scored 22 in the season opener (4OT) and once pulled down 20 rebounds in 29 minutes versus Mercer.

            - Prince Toyambi, sophomore at Georgia Southern: 6.1 points, 5.8 rebounds in 16.4 minutes over 21 games. (Ga. Southern is 12-9 and 6-6 in the Sunbelt). Georgia Southern and Georgia State have two scheduled games this week against each other.

            - LaQuill Hardnett, sophomore at Buffalo: 5.0 points, 4.2 rebounds in 17.5 minutes over 14 games - some progress from a quiet freshman year. (Buffalo is 8-6, with a 6-4 record in the MAC).
            5 of these guys could have been on the roster this year and I think their experience would have made a difference for this team. I don't know why they all left but it certainly hurt the roster. It had to affect Brannen's recruiting also. He had more holes to fill. Hopefully we can stay on a more steady course with recruits.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

              Nysier Brooks scored a career high of 21 points last week on Senior Day/Night. Miami is the #13 seed in the ACC Tournament and will face #12 Pitt on Tuesday afternoon with #5 Clemson waiting on Wednesday (both ACC Network).

              Trevor Moore's Morgan State will open conference tournament play in the MEAC Quarterfinals on Thursday against Florida A&M. Moore has cooled down, scoring single digits the last five games (including just 4/18 from three).

              Logan Johnson is now the leading scorer for Saint Mary's at 13.4 points per game. He and SMC face #1 Gonzaga tonight at 9:00 p.m. ET on ESPN in the WCC semifinals (SMC had a double bye and won it's QF game on Saturday, in which Johnson scored 25).

              Eliel Nsoseme will be on ESPN2 at 7:00 p.m. ET tonight in the Sun Belt final. Nsoseme has averaged 13.5 points and 12.0 rebounds in Georgia State's first two conference tournament games. Ga. State faces App. State in the championship game.

              Prince Toyambi's season is over, finishing with averages of 5.7 points, 6.0 rebounds in 16.7 minutes over 26 games.

              LaQuill Hardnett finished the regular season averaging 6.6 points and 4.3 rebounds per game for Buffalo, including 20 points versus Central Michigan in late February. Buffalo is the #2 seed in the MAC, opening the MAC Tournament in the quarterfinals on Thursday versus Miami U. Toledo is the #1 seed.

              Brooks and Miami advanced two rounds in the ACC tourney before falling in a close one to Georgia Tech on Thursday
              Johnson and SMC got bounced by Gonzaga on Monday
              Nsoseme and Georgia State lost in the Sun Belt finals on Monday

              Moore and Morgan State play in the MEAC finals today (Saturday) at 1 pm on ESPN2
              Hardnett and Buffalo play in the MAC finals today at 730 pm on ESPN2

              Comment


              • #8
                Nysier Brooks apparently in the transfer portal (where he would use the extra COVID year). He's already been in school five years between UC (3) and Miami (2).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                  Nysier Brooks apparently in the transfer portal (where he would use the extra COVID year). He's already been in school five years between UC (3) and Miami (2).
                  Anybody want him back? Does he think he's headed to UCLA?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

                    Anybody want him back? Does he think he's headed to UCLA?
                    Nysier Brooks to Ole Miss

                    Comment

                    Responsive Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X