Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Jeremy Rauch, via Tom Mars https://twitter.com/FOX19Jeremy/stat...95235068207106

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnFrancis View Post
      Maybe I am naive or just uninformed, but part of me believes Brannen is a good bball coach. I saw the 'Cats play the Tennessee team tough for most of the game this year even when our best player had an off night. I thought they gutted some good wins out down the stretch and in the conference tourney.

Of course if Brannen played fast and loose with COVID-19 protocols or endangered the health of his players in any way, then he has to go.

Players are leaving lots of teams (Penn State, Boston College, etc.), even Huggs is losing bodies...
      https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...s-on-the-move/
      Brannen is a smart guy. He was a Rhodes finalist. He knows basketball and knows analytics. I’m not sure he relates to people very well from what I’ve seen. That’s my perspective only.

I found it interesting that in the Coffee with Cunningham a while back, JC made a point of mentioning adding full time mental health services for the department. It didn’t strike me as them hiring a sports psychologist.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

[eye balls emoji] [prayers emoji]

If/when something does happen, I wonder where the news officially breaks:
        1 - From UC Athletics
        2 - From Justin Williams
        3 - From a national person (e.g. Goodman)
        4 - Other?

Jon Rothstein: Sources: Cincinnati is expected to part ways with John Brannen. Official announcement expected soon. https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...97623397158913

Chad Brendel: Just confirmed there is a players meeting with administration happening as we speak. Buckle up.

Comment

• Lobot didn’t exactly have IT specifically but f*** it. My credit goes out to Lobot. Had it first!

Comment

• CONFIRMED by Justin Williams, Chad Brendel (first = Rothstein)

Comment

• https://247sports.com/Article/John-B...ns--163917037/

Comment

• Tim Morris, is Interim Head Coach while they conduct the National Search

Comment

• I say with sincerity " good luck" to coach JB but we can't waste time in finding a new coach. Im hoping but not very optimistic that JC has been doing research in bringing in a new coach. It can't be a misfire hire this time around.

Comment

• "As this is a personal matter, we are unable to provide further details of the program review or the decision"

What is THAT supposed to mean?

Comment

• When it comes to a new coach, I have no idea at this point. But I would rather have a young <40 coach on the way up, like Huggs or Mick, than a big name on the way down, like Tuberville.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                        I say with sincerity " good luck" to coach JB but we can't waste time in finding a new coach. Im hoping but not very optimistic that JC has been doing research in bringing in a new coach. It can't be a misfire hire this time around.
                        I am sure he has been doing that very thing. This hire is on him.

Comment

• or at least he will be accountable for it. Go cats and let us get behind the new HC. We spoke enough about JB. I am sorry he lost his job and I wish him well, but let us look forward and to some big wins.

Comment

• Sean Dwyer and Jason Gee also let go. Per The Athletic.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyBearcats2 View Post
                              Lobot didn’t exactly have IT specifically but f*** it. My credit goes out to Lobot. Had it first!
                              I really didn't have it first I don't think. Educated guess based on smoke.

Colonel To your question. It means that UC can't speak to the details because there's likely a wrongful termination suit coming from Brannen and his lawyers. Anything they say could be used in court against the University. I think stuff will come out from folks now that it's effectively over.

Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• This afternoon, we informed Men’s Basketball Head Coach John Brannen that he has been relieved of his duties effective immediately. Tim Morris will serve as Interim Head Coach while we conduct a comprehensive nationwide search for a new leader of our men’s basketball program.
                                The decision to move in a new direction comes after a thorough review of our program, which included conversations with student-athletes, coaches and staff, as well as with Coach Brannen. Ultimately, the University is acting in the best interests of our student-athletes and of the institution, and this decision is reflective of our commitment to both, as well as to our values that we hold dear. As this is a personnel matter, we are unable to provide further details of the program review or the decision.
                                We will work quickly but judiciously in finding a new head coach. With a passionate fan base, strong tradition and history, elite facilities, and a collective commitment to success, we are confident that we will have a deep pool of candidates. We will continue to engage with and support our student-athletes during this transition.
                                Thank you for your patience. We look forward to cheering on the Bearcats together in Fifth Third Arena next season.

Sincerely,

John Cunningham
                                Director of Athletics
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X