Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had MS not played well the last part of the season i would not have been surprised by this at all. My guess is you'll hear more from both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Something is really wrong with the culture of the program if this many guys want out. I’m starting to think that none of these opt out were Covid related.

John’s buyout drops below 3M on March 31.
      Bingo! It's never been about Covid. These kids feel no allegiance to Brannen or the program. All his I care about the kids and how tough it's been for them obviously isn't building any loyalty with them.

Comment

This is really disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
          Had MS not played well the last part of the season i would not have been surprised by this at all. My guess is you'll hear more from both sides.
          Posts are already flying on IG. This is going to get worse.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Im wondering if KW's mysterious injury ties into this in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
              Im wondering if KW's mysterious injury ties into this in any way.
              It does not.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The whole roster is gonna be in the portal by the end of it.

Comment

Posts are already flying on IG. This is going to get worse.
                  Posts from other players?
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Hear me out, and I don't know that it's necessary to be talking about buying out JB quite yet but... hypothetically it was necessary to make a swift move, how would people feel about Archie Miller? Not sure if UC fans would be in love with a fired coach. But his results were what they were at Dayton and I still think he is a good coach, just didn't fit at IU despite checking all the boxes. He seems to fit the Cronin mold at UC in that he's got that chip on his shoulder and would rather just coach the team and not be in the public eye a ton. Plus, for what it's worth, his non-coaching staff members had numerous Cincy/SW Ohio connections. And I know Archie would've loved to have been the OSU coach but, unfortunately for him, they didn't need a coach until a couple months after IU hired him. Definitely more of an Ohio guy.

Again, just throwing it out there. No right or wrong answer. Just curious. I should add that I am both a UC and IU fan.
                    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 03-16-2021, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                      Hear me out, and I don't know that it's necessary to be talking about buying out JB quite yet but... hypothetically it was necessary to make a swift move, how would people feel about Archie Miller? Not sure if UC fans would be in love with a fired coach. But his results were what they were at Dayton and I still think he is a good coach, just didn't fit at IU despite checking all the boxes. He seems to fit the Cronin mold at UC in that he's got that chip on his shoulder and would rather just coach the team and not be in the public eye a ton. Plus, for what it's worth, his non-coaching staff members had numerous Cincy/SW Ohio connections. And I know Archie would've loved to have been the OSU coach but, unfortunately for him, they didn't need a coach until a couple months after IU hired him. Definitely more of an Ohio guy.

Again, just throwing it out there. No right or wrong answer. Just curious. I should add that I am both a UC and IU fan.
                      I’d be fine with that because the players who played for IN or committed to IN are now reconsidering upon his departure. The opposite is happening at UC. Players are leaving despite Brannen staying and HE HAS NO RECRUITS COMMITTED!!

Comment

Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
                        Lobot.. you seem to have deep connections for information... has there been nothing trickling out that would indicate what that actual issue is ?
                        I wish I had deeper connections frankly but when I was at the game on Saturday I heard some interesting things. Unfortunately I can't go into detail on who said what without making important people mad at me. It had been awhile since I'd been in a room with some of them. Some of the folks I was meeting for the first time so it was hard to read some of it but now that I look back at it, I can say that everything was not wine and roses and it's just now making sense to me as to why.

I think you're looking at a full out player revolt like Gregg Marshall had at WSU after last year.
                        Last edited by Lobot; 03-16-2021, 12:43 PM.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I wish I had deeper connections frankly but when I was at the game on Saturday I heard some interesting things. Unfortunately I can't go into detail on who said what without making important people mad at me. It had been awhile since I'd been in a room with some of them. Some of the folks I was meeting for the first time so it was hard to read some of it but now that I look back at it, I can say that everything was not wine and roses and it's just now making sense to me as to why.

I think you're looking at a full out player revolt like Gregg Marshall had at WSU after last year.
                          hopefully the cats can have the same quick turnaround with a different coach. Lobot how does this look for recruiting. Playing time perhaps (who knows), but something sure seems wrong. I just hate this nonsense. I doubt id it is just the kids with the ego problem, but I can be wrong. The AD had to know all this as well as the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ boosters.
                          Last edited by leo from jersey; 03-16-2021, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

hopefully the cats can have the same quick turnaround with a different coach. Lobot how does this look for recruiting. Playing time perhaps (who knows), but something sure seems wrong. I just hate this nonsense. I doubt id it is just the kids with the ego problem, but I can be wrong. The AD had to know all this as well as the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ boosters.
                            Looks terrible. Guys talk to each other. I think the word on the street among players is out that this is not the place to be under CJB.

If you change coaches, you do it now. You might save some of the players that are in the portal but it’s pretty unlikely unless they are truly drawn to UC and not just the coach.

Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Looks terrible. Guys talk to each other. I think the word on the street among players is out that this is not the place to be under CJB.

If you change coaches, you do it now. You might save some of the players that are in the portal but it’s pretty unlikely unless they are truly drawn to UC and not just the coach.
                              Lobot - is there an influential former player or $$$ booster that has been speaking up to the team against CJB?

Comment

Guys we need a healthy Oscar to speak up on the situation. People would listen, but we all get older.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X