Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If your athletes don't respect you and you don't respect them...all goes to *ahem* in a hand basket. Part of it is being soft and mommas boys. But what coach DOESNT run wind sprints? This cant have been the first time they saw them.

That being said skipping protocol (heart monitors, passing out, dizzy...etc) is not respecting your athletes. I don't know inside stories; only what I have read here and threaded through here. Seems like Brannon comes off as a know it all. Coaches like that will always bring out the worst in people.

Wonder what these kids would do after a cigar hill run in the 90s? ;-)

Comment

• Running wind sprints is common and necessary in order to build stamina but to do so without the proper tools I.e.. The medical staff / heart monitors, proper hydration, and adequate is reckless, dangerous, and risking the health of the athletes. If this is the correct atmosphere of a John Brannen run practice he deserved to to be fired.
      Last edited by Rufus; 05-07-2021, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Cumberland speaks: ($)

https://theathletic.com/2579130/2021...ti-basketball/
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          Sounds like Brannen was an ***. Hope he never sees the sidelines again!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            [Eye ball emojis]

Comment

• Originally posted by gobearcats1 View Post

Sounds like Brannen was an ***. Hope he never sees the sidelines again!

Can we get a quick breakdown of some of the Highlights? One of these days I'll join The Athletic..

Comment

• Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

Can we get a quick breakdown of some of the Highlights? One of these days I'll join The Athletic..
                Here are a couple screenshots (excerpts):
                https://twitter.com/RobDauster/statu...08028305018885
                https://twitter.com/MostNated/status...96393976811522

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                  Thank you!

Comment

• I found it interesting that JC got some help from a once and future and now present employee. I always thought it had more to do than just with the players. With some, if they have a bad attitude and domineering ways, it usually shows itself in most interactions, if not all.

Although, I was happy with the past couple of months, I am still willing to listen to what Mr. Brannen has to say once the legal issues are handled. There could be a hush hush clause in all of this too.

The first one to plead his cause seems right, Until his neighbor comes and examines him. Proverbs 18:17 NKJV

Here is a side note. I further find it revealing of the names of three people who had problems in the practice at least in JC's article. I didn't see ZH or Chris V. That may be revealing more about their prior preparation than about Mr. Brannen or even about the attitudes of the three having problems (I am not referring to Prince).

This pie just might have more pieces sliced from it. The question is do we need to know and is there more here concerning UC which should be dealt with to avoid any future difficulties or even sanctions.

My mind goes back to the Great Alaskan shootout of 98. If you watch anything, watch the teamwork on the last offensive play. CWM we want a return.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QleOy6a9ueE

Comment

• Regardsless of all that's come out about CJB, his practices, his attitude ect. I'm just glad he's gone. Player development seemed to be going backwards and most of the time the players seemed to be lost when they were playing. I hated watching after game interviews with CJB as he seemed to be looking down at the floor and not facing the camera a lot of the time. I felt bad for JC and KW because I think he didn't let them grow as much as the should have.
                      FWIW I wasn't against hiring CJB but the longer he was here the less I liked what I saw.

I'm really looking forward to the new season with the new coach and a new staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by John P View Post
                        Regardsless of all that's come out about CJB, his practices, his attitude ect. I'm just glad he's gone. Player development seemed to be going backwards and most of the time the players seemed to be lost when they were playing. I hated watching after game interviews with CJB as he seemed to be looking down at the floor and not facing the camera a lot of the time. I felt bad for JC and KW because I think he didn't let them grow as much as the should have.
                        FWIW I wasn't against hiring CJB but the longer he was here the less I liked what I saw.

I'm really looking forward to the new season with the new coach and a new staff.

I feel bad for Cumberland his Senior year, even though he started off hurt, which slowed his progress... Jarron was tabbed by most College Basketball Analyst to be a 1st or 2nd Team All American at the beginning of the year... I think Brannen's misuse of the way he played Jarron at the beginning of the year cost him big time.... I am glad Brannen is gone!
                        Last edited by BearKatz; 05-13-2021, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by John P View Post
                          Regardsless of all that's come out about CJB, his practices, his attitude ect. I'm just glad he's gone. Player development seemed to be going backwards and most of the time the players seemed to be lost when they were playing. I hated watching after game interviews with CJB as he seemed to be looking down at the floor and not facing the camera a lot of the time. I felt bad for JC and KW because I think he didn't let them grow as much as the should have.

If you noticed the player who had a remarkable advancement in Mr. Brannen's tenure has kept remarkably quiet or perhaps I am unaware of what he has said. T. Scott and JC said Mr. Brannen changed the offense to utilize Tre. I really enjoyed the leap in his game. That still doesn't allow for some excessive tolerance for what we all saw last season. I am glad he was discharged and possibly with reason. The court will decide or the attorneys.

Now on to the current team and our new leader.

Comment

• Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

I feel bad for Cumberland his Senior year, even though he started off hurt, which slowed his progress... Jarron was tabbed by most College Basketball Analyst to be a 1st or 2nd Team All American at the beginning of the year... I think Brannen's misuse of the we he played Jarron at the beginning of the year cost him big time.... I'm for one glad Brannen is gone!
                            I agree his senior year was a shame, as was KW. JC underachieved (or was held back) and it hurt his draft potential which was already tenuous going in. He was never however, a 1st or 2nd team All American candidate, not to be confused with 1st or 2nd team AAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedDog View Post

I agree his senior year was a shame, as was KW. JC underachieved (or was held back) and it hurt his draft potential which was already tenuous going in. He was never however, a 1st or 2nd team All American candidate, not to be confused with 1st or 2nd team AAC.
                              How has JC potential been in the pro league? Just because you are not drafted doesn't mean you can't work your way up to a spot. Of course what type of development has the G league?

Comment

• You can definitetly work your way up a spot or bounce back and forth between G league and NBA. We've seen both happen with SK, Jacob Evans and Gary Clark. However if you want to make any money, you either have to get to the NBA for a long-ish period of time or head overseas. As a player, you're generally not going to make bank in the G League in the long run.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X