X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Well now we have some of the gritty details:

https://andywittry.substack.com/p/un...nnati-document

Wow! This reminds me of a movie made in 1977 with an actor named Robbie Benson titled One on One. If anyone hasn't seen it check it out.

Comment

• Prince Toyambi's wife posted this:
      "The heart rate monitor and trainer Bob Mangine are what ultimately saved my husbands life in September of 2019, due to the extreme amounts of conditioning. It is very frustrating to read this knowing what happened just a year prior and to see the lack of empathy."

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        Lobot on March 16 (page 5 of this thread). Ding ding ding...
        hello - not to say I told you so, BUT I told you so and instead of having a civil discussion many had an uninformed knee jerk reaction resulting in smearing my thoughts. I also said give it time.

I do wonder if the bearcats had beaten Houston and went beyond the first weekend tourney if we would be feeling differently.

Did anyone remember that book and TV movie about Bear Bryant and the Junction boys
        Practices began before dawn and usually lasted all day, with meetings in the evening until 11pm. The oppressive heat combined with the brutal practice schedule was too much for many of the players. Each day, fewer and fewer players reported for practice, as many quit the team from illness or disgust. The situation was compounded by Bryant's refusal to allow water breaks.

Does anyone remember Urban Meyer's story of bringing out the garbage cans for the early morning first practice at Bowling Green.

I was a complete nutjob,” Urban Meyer said while laughing.

The “nutjob” was in reference to the high demands he placed on a Falcon program that wasn’t necessarily used to having those high demands. Meyer knew what winning looked like. He came to Bowling Green after working on the staffs at Ohio State and Notre Dame.

“I had to be the weight coach for the first two days, and I think I had 18 players quit in one day,” he stopped and paused, “and they should have.”

Bowling Green was Meyer’s start to a national championship career. No one knew what kind of coach he would be. He proceeded to win eight games in his first year. Nine in his second. The college football world hasn’t stopped paying attention to Urban Meyer since.

They said he even got tougher at Utah.

Regardless of the behavior being right or wrong is my simple observation is that winning covers a multitude of sins and losing makes one sin even more noticeable and open to ridicule, name calling and gasping.

I am not for Mr. Brannen, but we need to look at this. I am not for bragging either, but I know of a High School program that the Coach received stiff reprimands for a practice where it was suicides and laps the entire time. Many parents complained that their boys had to lay on the couch. One player went home and lifted weights. He also went on to play D1.

There is right and wrong even in our comments on behaviors of others and often it is due to winning or losing. I do know this. Playing for a driven coach is much like working for a driven employer, you have to eat a lot of ****. I never got used to the taste. I never liked the way ZH was treated, but would winning have changed our minds about Mr. Brannen. I hope not, but I have seen it has in many abusive situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
          Prince Toyambi's wife posted this:
          "The heart rate monitor and trainer Bob Mangine are what ultimately saved my husbands life in September of 2019, due to the extreme amounts of conditioning. It is very frustrating to read this knowing what happened just a year prior and to see the lack of empathy."
          I didn't lack empathy but I was pointing out how fickle fans are especially those who fall for every wind of newspaper reports or hearsay.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

I didn't lack empathy but I was pointing out how fickle fans are especially those who fall for every wind of newspaper reports or hearsay.
            I’m not sure it’s hearsay. Hearsay is an out of court statement/writing offered in court to prove the truth of an assertion. These are notes by an athletic department employee documenting his observations in the regular course of the operations of a university athletic department. This is expressly not hearsay but a business record exception to the hearsay rule. In my opinion, this is pretty damaging evidence to coach Brannen.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

I’m not sure it’s hearsay. Hearsay is an out of court statement/writing offered in court to prove the truth of an assertion. These are notes by an athletic department employee documenting his observations in the regular course of the operations of a university athletic department. This is expressly not hearsay but a business record exception to the hearsay rule. In my opinion, this is pretty damaging evidence to coach Brannen.
              The hearsay was not addressed to the above post by the wife, but all those who bought into the covid and all the other excuses thrown around and believed and defended by those lacking simple discernment. I fully understand hearsay and it is construed and accepted to mean more than what you say. At least what was taught that at the University of Chicago, The law school. It has carried over from the legal domain to our common slang as have many other terms. It was hearsay that it was reported blaming covid and a total lack of discernment plus basic gullibility. We saw a the lack of intellectual integrity to check the truth begore the jump onto the bandwagon of easy believism. You must admit that concerning the team and the covid excuse. Easy believism without testing was all the rage and the adherents were also quick to belittle those who laughed at it.

Our society has moved to where questioning is questioned and looked down on.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

The hearsay was not addressed to the above post by the wife, but all those who bought into the covid and all the other excuses thrown around and believed and defended by those lacking simple discernment. I fully understand hearsay and it is construed and accepted to mean more than what you say. At least what was taught that at the University of Chicago, The law school. It has carried over from the legal domain to our common slang as have many other terms. It was hearsay that it was reported blaming covid and a total lack of discernment plus basic gullibility. We saw a the lack of intellectual integrity to check the truth begore the jump onto the bandwagon of easy believism. You must admit that concerning the team and the covid excuse. Easy believism without testing was all the rage and the adherents were also quick to belittle those who laughed at it.

Our society has moved to where questioning is questioned and looked down on.
                I wasn't referring to the comments by Toyambi's wife either. I was referring to the notes or documentation by the redacted staff member made at the time of or near the events that staff member was documenting.

So are you saying COVID was a hoax? That's a completely different discussion and one that doesn't belong on this forum.

As for how COVID protocols may have affected the monitoring of players' heart rates, imagine the liability for the university had a something happened to player and the result was a breach of COVID protocols. It is not worth the risk to UC to ignore COVID protocols until it was certain it would not impact the players' health and well being. Which it appears Brannen was willing to do (ignore the protocols), attempt to cover it up and/or ascertain who was going behind his back to report such breaches. This shows a complete lack care for the safety and well being of the student athletes under your care.
                Last edited by London 'Cat; 05-05-2021, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• If the coach ignored Covid protocols, that should be an absolute firing for cause.

Comment

• I'm not going to post it but Teroya Eason is livid after seeing the Wittry Post.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Nevermind I am going to post it because of what's in the second tweet in this thread. Pay attention to what Teroya put in quotes here.

https://twitter.com/tallwonder/statu...50673421471747
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• It's over now, Brannen is gone... She just needs to move on like her son.... You read her Tweets and the way she comes off, sounds like she might have been a problem the 4yrs Tari was here....

Comment

• I think we expected that going in.

Comment

• I figured it was wind sprints from the start. They're brutal, but great conditioning. Brannen's sound like wind sprints from ****.

Comment

• If all coaches were disciplined/dismissed for running brutal wind sprints, we wouldn't have many coaches left. That is the best way to increase your cardiac efficiency and have gas left in the tank when you need it late in the second half - or fourth quarter for football. Like i said before - spoiled kids not used to hard coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post
                                If all coaches were disciplined/dismissed for running brutal wind sprints, we wouldn't have many coaches left. That is the best way to increase your cardiac efficiency and have gas left in the tank when you need it late in the second half - or fourth quarter for football. Like i said before - spoiled kids not used to hard coaches.
                                From what I have read, there is a lot more to this than some hard practices. CJB ignored the guidelines and protocols. He also did not have the respect of a lot of his players. I do not think it is fair to put this on the players. I think that we are in a much better place now.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X