This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

This is pretty much how we got into this situation in the first place. Bad timing and a rush job hire. I’d rather they get it right this time. The timing is a problem because the season is over and there aren’t going to be a lot names to pull from.

Some of the possibilities we listed in another thread are off the board now. (Moser, Miles)
    That is exactly my point. Sure we may miss out on an opportunity to get to talk to a few great kids but if we can get the right guy to be the coach it sure beats going through this again in another 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
      Lobot.. exactly right. But this is equally of failure of management (AD) and department. If you get word stuff is going on... you don't WAIT to address it letting people dig the hole bigger. HOWEVER.. the fact is.. WE..DONT... KNOW.. what the actual allegations are.. but that.. once is again is on the department... they are the ones throwing out terms like that and then letting the rumor mill take it from there. The fans deserve better than we have gotten from all the parties involved.
      According to Brannen's lawyer, JB DOESN'T KNOW the actual allegations
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

According to Brannen's lawyer, JB DOESN'T KNOW the actual allegations
        This is only partially true. UC is a state institution and to terminate someone’s employment requires due process - notice and a hearing. Brannen knows the general allegation(s) and based on those allegations would know the specifics or at least have an idea.

Comment

• There is also a chance student privacy laws, or HIPPA healthcare privacy laws are involved, so we may never know the exact nature of what's going on.

Comment

• I don’t think there is precedent for a university to commit seppukku on its basketball program - without NCAA violations - twice (Huggins v Zimpher, Brannen v Cunningham) within a twenty year period.

Honestly, this is a uniquely Cincinnati thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobestes View Post
              I don’t think there is precedent for a university to commit seppukku on its basketball program - without NCAA violations - twice (Huggins v Zimpher, Brannen v Cunningham) within a twenty year period.

Honestly, this is a uniquely Cincinnati thing.
              Seriously, name a university that has done this to its program two times without NCAA violations.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                There is also a chance student privacy laws, or HIPPA healthcare privacy laws are involved, so we may never know the exact nature of what's going on.
                I think there's a lot of HIPAA and FERPA going on here to be honest with the players. This is hypothetical on my part but that may actually be part of the problem with JB not knowing exactly what's up. FERPA might preclude the University from disclosing anything to JB and his lawyer that would break student privacy laws. Also HIPAA would extend to player's mental health issues of which we've had a couple of this past season.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

So what are the chances Sorolla is a subscriber to The Athletic? I'd say this is a strong indicator that he was the new anonymous source from the Saturday article.
                  or that he still has an interest in what is going on with the program plus justify his own leaving. Who really knows.

Comment

• I think he has an interest because he basically got screwed over by Brannen bringing in Vogt. I just reread the article from Saturday and I don’t think Sorolla is the source of the article. Justin specifically says the player was on the 20-21 team.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I think he has an interest because he basically got screwed over by Brannen bringing in Vogt. I just reread the article from Saturday and I don’t think Sorolla is the source of the article. Justin specifically says the player was on the 20-21 team.
                      If I had to guess, I would say either Harvey or Gabe Madsen. Since they both opted out during the season and we never heard from either one of them again, they seem likely to have said those comments. It could have been Rap maybe, but I think he would be harder to reach overseas.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

If I had to guess, I would say either Harvey or Gabe Madsen. Since they both opted out during the season and we never heard from either one of them again, they seem likely to have said those comments. It could have been Rap maybe, but I think he would be harder to reach overseas.
                        I almost posted the same thing.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• This is a question for the administrators or moderators but this is the 687th post in this thread. Is this the longest running thread or is there another?

Comment

I think he has an interest because he basically got screwed over by Brannen bringing in Vogt. I just reread the article from Saturday and I don’t think Sorolla is the source of the article. Justin specifically says the player was on the 20-21 team.

Yes and no. Sorolla in his entire playing career was injury prone including his short stay here. Banking on him being your primary big guy was not something he was likely going to find. Recall he went out about the 3 or 4 game mark last year with what i recall were foot issues. His durability wasn't good in college.

Comment

• In case no one has read this yet.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...am/7103946002/
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by coach View Post

Yes and no. Sorolla in his entire playing career was injury prone including his short stay here. Banking on him being your primary big guy was not something he was likely going to find. Recall he went out about the 3 or 4 game mark last year with what i recall were foot issues. His durability wasn't good in college.
                                Sorolla played well in exactly one game last year, ECU at 5/3. He actually looked like a serviceable center. I wrote this before but he was, IMO, a big reason Vogt’s play dropped off last year. Without a body to bang against in practice, Vogt regressed after Sorolla left. I’m not suggesting he was a good center especially since he only had one notable game and it was against the last place team in the conference last year. But he could have helped the team had he stayed.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X