Mike Warren II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Warren II

Mike did not get drafted tonight but he did sign a Free Agent deal with Philadelphia Eagles. I think he'll stick if they have that need at RB.

IMO, Mike got completely screwed over by current events. He didn't run at the NFL Combine because he was going to run at UC pro day and that got canceled because of Covid-19. No one saw that coming but he couldn't have picked a worse year to come out early because of this. Not his fault at all. Any other year he's probably in the draft for sure. I'm just going to say it, this virus cost Mike a lot of money.
    Last edited by Lobot; 04-26-2020, 10:38 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

If MW makes a roster, it will be because he excels at special teams. This is the reality of the NFL. Teams do not have the luxury of stock piling talent.

Comment

Didn't see prior post
      Last edited by leo from jersey; 04-26-2020, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
        I am wondering this about Michael. Who advised him to go in the draft? If it was economics, I fully understand. If it was bad counseling, the coaches need to act although I am sure they spoke their minds. Surely he had some clue to how he was valued. .Does anybody think Jerome Ford would have come if Mike stayed. Can someone close to the situation give me some understanding. I know it is everyone's goal to go pro, but sometimes it isn't the right time. He has his chance though and I wish him luck.
        I don't think he had anything to gain by staying except more mileage on his body. He's racked up a pretty heavy amount of carries the last 2 years. He had nothing left to prove at this level. As I mentioned in the draft thread, in any other year he probably would have been fine coming out early. He also probably would have been drafted if he had chosen to run at the NFL combine and not on UC Pro Day. UC Pro Day never happened because of the coronivirus mess.

I do think Mike will make a roster this season although I haven't looked specifically at the Eagles lineup yet.

Just for reference these are the guys at his position that did get drafted. A lot of these guys were very good and got lots of TV time, some of them were good on bad teams and some didn't get any TV time becuase of the size of the school. I do think had had Mike been able to work out properly for scouts he would have been on this list.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/positions/_/position/rb

To answer your other question, I don't think Ford would have come if Mike had stayed but we probably would have filled that spot with someone else out of the transfer portal because of Tavion Thomas leaving the program. We're still loaded at RB with Doaks, Ford, McLelland, Montgomery and the incoming class.
        Last edited by Lobot; 04-26-2020, 12:58 PM.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X