No announcement yet.

Chris Vogt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people speak up, some do not. It happens. Vogt wasn't a highly recruited guy. Not likely to be a squeaky wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
      Some people speak up, some do not. It happens. Vogt wasn't a highly recruited guy. Not likely to be a squeaky wheel.
      I am willing to give some credit to whatever the injury was he suffered with respect to the diminution of his quality of play part way into his first season with UC, but I suggest that most of his troubles stemmed from quality of opposition. Many decried Cronin's early schedules with respect to the strength of opponents scheduled early on in each season, and that year was no different, despite his leaving for UCLA. Vogt was OK against some low level guys, but when the quality of opponent was upgraded his deficiencies were exposed. I assume he is a perfectly nice guy - but he was never even remotely a high division 1 basketball player; despite his size.
      Last edited by richard k.; 04-19-2021, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Hard to tell as he had shoulder surgery a couple weeks ago and i heard it was the opposite shoulder so something was bothering him. It's a lot easier for big kid playing with Tre Scott and JC which we all could see.

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post

Brannen was better with certain players than others. Vogt was the worst player on the team and he started. A great deal if you’re Vogt. Intolerable if you’re Tari Eason. The fan base is begging for Eason to come back, but I haven’t heard a single person calling for the return of Vogt. That says it all.
          I think the comment here has more to do with his transfer than anything Brannen did. The kid worked hard, played the best he could, and maybe was just tired of being called the "worst player on the team," here and elsewhere.

Comment

Chris has landed at Wisconsin as a grad transfer. That should be interesting. I hope he does well there. Maybe he'll finally blossom a bit now that he's healthy and out of Brannen's sphere of influence.
            Last edited by Lobot; 05-08-2021, 05:07 PM.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I hope he does well also and gains some vindication for all the heat he took here this year. I never knew how much his health played into his performance if at all but I am anxious to see if he can put things together under new leadership and with a fresh start. Apparently this Big 10 team doesn't view him as the low mid major player many on this forum portrayed him to be. Good luck Chris.

Comment

Best of luck to a great kid.

Comment

Article on Vogt ($) committing to Wisconsin. Mentions he likely would have stayed at UC had Brannen remained the coach

https://theathletic.com/2579172/2021...ollege-season/

Comment

Not trying to direct any criticism towards Vogt at all.

But there is a report out of Wisconsin (that I admittedly only skimmed) in which there was apparently a "disconnect" between UW players and Greg Gard.. Some similarities, I suppose, between Vogt's old school (UC) and new school (Wisconsin) https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...ource=twitter_
                    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 06-22-2021, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Yeah I posted as much on Twitter. Not sure what Vogt has walked into here. Apparently the senior Badgers are having issues with Gard having their back. This sounds reallllly familiar
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

ESPN is on the case:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...oach-greg-gard
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Congrats to Chris on being named the AAC's male scholar-athlete of the year for basketball https://twitter.com/American_MBB/sta...42467892805632

Comment

Rothstein: Wisconsin's Chris Vogt is fully eligible for the 21-22 season since he is a college graduate, per a school spokesman. Transfer from Cincinnati. Also played for Northern Kentucky.

Comment

Chris with a Gofundme for the KY tornado victims.

https://twitter.com/thefieldof68/sta...769385992?s=21

Comment

Good for him. I always thought that he was a class act. I hope for the best for him.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X