X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Vogt

He's in the Nba punt x derby:

https://twitter.com/ChrisVogt33/stat...948482/photo/1

Makes sense for him to get evaluated. He’s got a shot to go eventually if he adds a few things to his game. Like someone mentioned, he needs a baby hook And defensive rebounding work
    Last edited by Lobot; 04-21-2020, 03:54 PM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

88-98% he is back. At some point, he could be a long term NBA player a la Corie. I don't think it's gonna be this year.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

99.9% he’s back. No comparison to Corie Blount. I don’t think Vogt will ever play in the NBA. He’s not athletic. I look at BIGs in the NBA like Sabonis in Indy or Zubac with the Clippers. These guys are crazy athletic and skilled.
        My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

I think if he improves his play he might be able to play in Europe. Being 7' tall only goes so far against NBA level talent.

Comment

Vogt has a legit chance of going to the next level but not this year nor ever as a starter at least as he is now. He is too predictable when he gets the ball. They already know what hes going to do, loses the ball way too easy, has no footwork, and is easily moved out of position and out muscled. I forget which game it was, maybe Memphis? when he had several shots blocked, he was never the same, very timid thereafter. But didnt reveal that problem against Tennessee prior, so He can play against DI talent. All of these discrepancies can be corrected though, and as has been noted, you cant teach height so hed be good to give a breather to the starter or to obtain some fouls in the pros. I think **** be back hopefully with a mindset of being meaner and leaner.

Comment

If i was in his spot i'd do the same thing. I think you'll see quite a few guys do this in the next 30 days or so. You really have nothing to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
                99.9% he’s back. No comparison to Corie Blount. I don’t think Vogt will ever play in the NBA. He’s not athletic. I look at BIGs in the NBA like Sabonis in Indy or Zubac with the Clippers. These guys are crazy athletic and skilled.

Vogt shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Corie... Corporateballa nailed it, I seriously doubt Vogt ever plays in the NBA... I'm positive Chris could play overseas and make a nice six figure income for a decade... Which all of us would dream of... Karl-Anthony Towns is a perfect example of a gifted / athletic Big Man...

Comment

Wait a minute, I think I need to add to my "at some point" comment. Chris is not ready for the NBA. His best play this season showed he has work to do. However, he only had a few months in the UC weight room. I know structured activities are not happening, but I believe each player has been given a routine to follow. I think time out of the weight room could help him. He needs to work on footwork, speed/flexibility stuff and develop a decent hook shot. I'm sure he has other things, but if he can get explosive and strong, while losing some weight to lean out. Then hit weights hard over the summer to put back on 5-10 lbs of muscle, he could really blossom to be more like Corrie.
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Vogt is a 7 ft center. If anything he needs to gain weight and bulk and be immovable down low. He has and is developing the skills of a traditional low post center, not the hybrid step out and shoot type center. He isn't a jump shooter and is dependent on others shooting well to open up the middle for him. In that capacity he is a real asset but we need to recognize his skills and be realistic in his role. Yes we all hope he improves and if he does he will be extremely beneficial to the Cats next year. The main thing he needs to improve is free throws so its no hack - a Shaq when he gets the ball. Does that equate to the next level....probably not as that style of play is not what they are looking for anymore. Maybe overseas. He is a different kind of player than Corrie was, who really was a power forward who played center for us. A more fair comparison would be Jeff Scott. Vogt is never going to be a high rising shot blocker or gazelle like Corrie but he does run the floor pretty well for his size. I say let Chris be Chris and not try to envision him as someone else. Coach will utilize that situationally but to hope Chris morphs this off season is unrealistic and setting him up for failure in your evaluation.

Comment

Vogt was actually a very adequate center this past season until the opponents figured out his tendencies and his weaknesses. They seen that he approaches the basket with the ball the same every time and no footwork and could bring in another defender to double team him. From there they knew that he would panic a bit and then discovered that he has no strength in his ball handling allowing them to knock away the ball or block shots. As has been said many times he could still be a very useful center is spelled periodically and he work on these few. discrepancies.

Comment

Idk hes no Kenyon Martin.

Think he will get swallowed up!

Comment

Originally posted by AustinTX88 View Post
                          Idk hes no Kenyon Martin.

Think he will get swallowed up!

He's not even close...

Comment

It always easy to compare guys in hindsight when a guy becomes a player of the year in his final season. To be honest, there was no one who predicted he would be that going into the season either. Kenyon's junior season is almost identical stat wise to Vogts. Vogt actually had a slightly higher ft %. Kenyon was very bad his first several years at the ft line. Two different type guys. Comparing guys to a national player of the year is a bit out of the realm of judging guys who are/can be very productive.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                              It always easy to compare guys in hindsight when a guy becomes a player of the year in his final season. To be honest, there was no one who predicted he would be that going into the season either. Kenyon's junior season is almost identical stat wise to Vogts. Vogt actually had a slightly higher ft %. Kenyon was very bad his first several years at the ft line. Two different type guys. Comparing guys to a national player of the year is a bit out of the realm of judging guys who are/can be very productive.

He could have said he know's Corie Blount either... At the end of the day it makes very little difference! But if you must throw out Junior year comparisons, it's not even close... Yes, Kenyon's first two years, he couldn't buy a FT... I believe the first time he set foot on court, didn't he have (2) Blocks within the first (5)mins?

Kenyon's Junior is when he started to turn it around, and comparing Vogt's FT% over Kenyon's, big deal! In every other aspect of the game, Kenyon dominated him, and always will! Austin made a harmless statement " He's no Kenyon Martin " and it gets blown out of proportion once again!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X