Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Dantonio steps down from MSU

Commence Luke Fickell speculation / panic

Feel like its 50 50 he goes. Pat Narduzzi has to be seriously considered too.

Comment

Noooooo!, Please please please no
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I’ve got this sick feeling in my stomach
        My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Dantonio has resigned at Michigan State. One day before signing day and two hours after he was cited as having broken NCAA rules in a legal proceeding. He will collect his entire 4.3M annual salary based on a retention date of Jan. 16 per Nicole Auerbach at the Athletic.

Detroit Free Press is reporting that Luke Fickell is the top candidate according to sources.

Personally, I don’t think Fickell will go anywhere at this time. Timing is all wrong. If MSU names an interim for this year, he might entertain the idea over the off season. Right now he’s out-recruiting MSU in the region and doesn’t have to play tOSU every year. I do think this will get UC Admin to speed up his extension.

Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I think Fickell avoids this opening. Dantonio, IMO, is stepping down because he became a liability with all the Auston Robertson flack. Not sure Fickell wants any part of it. https://www.michigandaily.com/sectio...ces-retirement

Comment

Mike Tressel will be the interim head coach at MSU.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Goodbye Luke Fickell......

Comment

Nah, i'm going to say he passes. My guess is they talk to him, but i think folks forget Dantonio spent 5 years as an assistant at Msu. Those Michigan jobs/hires like folks they are familiar with. I would not doubt he's offered it, but i think he will be one of several talked to. Most folks think things went off the rails when Narduzzi left. I'm betting unless he doesn't want to talk to them, he gets a serious look see. If Fick, were to go, Marcus Freeman should be their first choice, but i don't think Fick will go.

Comment

I can't see CLF going for several reasons: 1) East Lansing is nothing in comparison to Cincinnati as far as the family life (read that as Catholic community) that CLF has already stated he enjoys here. 2) Like Flying Jalapeno stated, that's a pretty toxic atmosphere up there right now. A multi-year superfund cleanup is in order. 3) It's not OSU.

I heard new AD John Cunningham on the Coach Brannen show last night. Dan Hoard asked him about CLF contract situation. Cunningham said (paraphrasing) they are having conversations.

I just truly believe CLF is in a happy place right now. He likes the school and city. Has a very good nucleus returning. A very good incoming recruiting class.

Of course, MSU could drop major $$$ in front of him and I wouldn't blame him a bit for taking care of his family in a situation like like. Would suck for us, but life goes on.

Comment

Glad to see Dantonio goI I believe CLF stays. At least I certainly hope so.

Comment

I seriously doubt Msu will look to spend the money they were paying Dantonio with the Nassar settlement hit. That was a monster financial burden. Also, just shelled out 4mm to Dantonio for a 1/15 retention clause which i'm sure they will try fruitlessly to pursue. However, Ncaa infractions might help them.

Comment

Chad Brendel just tweeted that UC received a commit from a 4-star WR... I mean, that's not terrible news for the Fickell speculation, right?

Comment

I may just be speculating but in my mind uprooting several children to move out of state would be a major consideration for LF or any young coach. At his age the more prestigious jobs will still come available when the kids are older. specially if he continues to have success.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                              Chad Brendel just tweeted that UC received a commit from a 4-star WR... I mean, that's not terrible news for the Fickell speculation, right?
                              Sweeeeet! Hope this means Luke is happy here 😁

https://bearcatnews.com/forum/footba...e-il-wr-commit
                              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X