• Show
Clear All

• Y'all ready to do this again in December? <smirk>
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Careful. Thamel's usually good but not perfect.

@PeteThamel

Sources: Luke Fickell has decided to stay at Cincinnati. After interviewing for Michigan State on Sunday and talking it over with his family, he elected to stay put.
      I really hope this is accurate. I know we will eventually lose Fickell to a P5 school. But with the recruiting class UC has coming in, UC could have very special season next year. I still think that Fickell would be better served to wait a year and reevaluate his options at that point.

Comment

• Pat Forde also confirms... so there has to be a contract extension announced today, right?

Comment

• So we all can stand down now? :-)

Comment

• Here's the Free Press article confirming that Fickell is staying:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...ll/4711965002/

Comment

• Woohoo !! I Love It ! I'm thrilled to be WRONG ! This at least allows us to keep this great recruiting class in tact and develop them. This made my day !

Comment

• Looks good for another year!!!

Comment

• Confirmed! Nice! Glad he's staying, phew. Sounds like he might be hard to pry away for a few years as well, provided he gets an extension here (soundsl like the buy out is the only hang-up there). I hope they get that done sooner than later.

Comment

• Holy Cow! It's Christmas in February. I'm so glad he turned them down. Wow oh freakn' Wow!

Comment

• Yeah - very groovy news. Now lets get the running game reloaded and go win big.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                        Y'all ready to do this again in December? <smirk>
                        Hallelujah!!! Yes, in December we will be ready. The timing of this one was just worst possible time. Plus I hope Fick extends with a bigger buyout. I would be very surprised to see Luke coaching our team in Sept 2021, but it would be a pleasant surprise.
                        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Love getting some good news on FB coaching situation. On to 2020 season and a New Years Day Bowl!

Comment

• https://sports.yahoo.com/luke-fickel...144530423.html

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Hallelujah!!! Yes, in December we will be ready. The timing of this one was just worst possible time. Plus I hope Fick extends with a bigger buyout. I would be very surprised to see Luke coaching our team in Sept 2021, but it would be a pleasant surprise.
                              I don't know - he doesn't sound like an opportunist coach like Kelly, Jones or Dantonio who is using the job as a stepping-stone yet. If he signs an extension and is paid well enough, I can see him staying for another 2-3 years then revisiting any openings that might be attractive depending on how successful he is here. I think he's pretty selective and would prefer to stay in the midwest and coach where his connections are - versus just takinjg a wild job on the west coast or committing career suicide in a place like Tennessee etc..,

His family seems important to him (their happiness) and they like it here - he's not going to uproot them for anything but a "dream job," and the only one I can think of for him would be something like OSU coming after him in a few years if he is highly successful here.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                                Pat Forde also confirms... so there has to be a contract extension announced today, right?
                                Just had to ruin the surprise didn’t you
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X