Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQWvcE0WsAU3hdi?format=jpg&name=900x900

Comment

Hope that is all BS by someone looking for attention, but could see it all being true... Would really suck to lose Prater because of this

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
        Hope that is all BS by someone looking for attention, but could see it all being true... Would really suck to lose Prater because of this
        It was on a message board full of wishful thinking. As to recruits or players following Luke, hard to say, but it sucks. They can't recruit so they buy a coach and players. I can see it both ways, Coach wants to continue relationships with players or Coach wants them to honor their commitments.

At the very least, I hope we get Marcus as HC and Gino as OC, asst HC. Still nothing but hopes and prayers until there is an announcement, just like the MSU message boards.
        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I don't know how his "sources" would know Prater wants to transfer already, seems odd, Prater was all about UC and playing with local guys as a hometown recruit. Have to question if that part of it wasn't just tacked-on to it somehow. Certainly possible, but seems odd he'd have made that decision already.

Comment

Prater's brother, the WR will be ready to play next year. I doubt Evan Prater would leave his home and brother, as going to MSU is not a step up.

B.C.
            "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

The Free Press is reporting that there is nothing new. The search committee is to meet Monday.

Comment

From Detroit Free Press article: (If I had to guess, Fickell's making a decision over the next 24-48 hours as WLWT reported this morning)

The Michigan State football coaching search will drag into Monday, multiple sources with knowledge of the situation told the Free Press on Sunday night.

MSU's search committee is expected to meet Monday, sources said. As of Sunday evening, MSU was not in a contract stage with any candidate.

Cincinnati football coach Luke Fickell is the front-runner to replace Mark Dantonio as MSU's coach, sources have told the Free Press.

MSU athletic director Bill Beekman interviewed Fickell in Cincinnati on Sunday, but he returned to Capital Region International Airport in Lansing without a new head coach.
                Last edited by Cliftonite; 02-09-2020, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Local radio station here in Cbus said they expect MSU to announce Fick as the new coach but who knows. Lot of smoke though, not looking good

Comment

Come on Luke, be a man and come clean. We have been loyal to UC through "thick and thin", and deserve better than this "cat and mouse" game everybody, including you, have been playing.

And if you decide to leave, please don't "poach" any players and commits, like Butch Jones did.

B.C.
                    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• I dunno, by not saying "Im not going" and then leaving like another coach; that makes him stand up in my book. This is his livelihood. This is a tough situation and for the most part as a coach you want to keep moving "up". Dont get me wrong, I hope he stays. I really really hope he stays. But in the end its this crazy mixed up world of coaching.

The silence makes me nervous as you can read anything one way or the other into the situation. I really hope he holds out for OSU for greedy reasons (holding for OSU means he stays here longer in theory). I personally would never want to be associated with a program that is in the shape morally like MSU but I am probably a minority.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                        Come on Luke, be a man and come clean. We have been loyal to UC through "thick and thin", and deserve better than this "cat and mouse" game everybody, including you, have been playing.

And if you decide to leave, please don't "poach" any players and commits, like Butch Jones did.

B.C.
                        At minimum, the players don't need this cloud hanging over their head as classes resume. Either way, give the kids a direction forward.
                        Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• There's tons of smoke out here but even the MSU BoT member that happens to be on Twitter is telling people to pump the brakes as of last night . There's a preplanned update meeting at MSU on the search today and the BoT will be briefed. Over than that I wouldn't get too worried about all the junk flying around. Even the local news guys are getting caught up in the BS on this.

Personal advice: If this is stressing you out it's your own fault because we largely cannot control this decision whatever it turns out to be. Worry about things you can control. There's nothing wrong with keeping track of the rumors but don't believe everything you read.
                          Last edited by Lobot; 02-10-2020, 10:18 AM.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• If Fickell does leave, then it will be up to UC’s AD to make the commitments stand firm. He can release them to any school but MSU. This way, the students are not punished by Fickell leaving and Fickell cannot take recruits with him. This is a big test for the AD and a chance to shine.

Comment

• Speaking of ADs, I want point out that neither Cunningham or Beekman have conducted a coaching search or change as the head of any Athletic dept before. I'm sure they've been part of them as assistants to some degree but neither have run the show. Probably why MSU went with a search firm. (Pretty sure they didn't really need to)

Beekman is actually a VP at the university and also currently the AD. This has more in common with what UC looked like during the interim between Bohn and Cunningham than it does a standard dept at most schools. Beekman is an attorney with an MBA.
                              Last edited by Lobot; 02-10-2020, 10:17 AM.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Careful. Thamel's usually good but not perfect.

@PeteThamel

Sources: Luke Fickell has decided to stay at Cincinnati. After interviewing for Michigan State on Sunday and talking it over with his family, he elected to stay put.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X