No announcement yet.

Mark Dantonio steps down from MSU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This seems really pertinent to the search.

https://www.si.com/college/michigans...oaching-search
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Wanted to point out that Narduzzi and Matt Campbell at ISU have already stated they are staying put
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This is subscription but the MSU writer at the Athletic has written this. ($)

https://theathletic.com/1586214/2020...shared-article
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

MSU hasn't interviewed anyone. The decision to retire caught everyone at MSU completely by surprise. Take this for what it is worth.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...io/4681567002/

One quote from the free article that was particularly interesting: "One local report had Michigan State negotiating with Fickell. The high-ranking Michigan State source called that "fantasy.""
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

A lateral move? Out recruited MSU this year... A good take on this situation from Doc. https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ns/4678470002/

Comment

Free Press is saying nothing will happen until next week at the earliest. The MSU BoT meets on Feb 14 and they'd like to have to coach in place before the meeting.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...el/4677030002/
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                Free Press is saying nothing will happen until next week at the earliest. The MSU BoT meets on Feb 14 and they'd like to have to coach in place before the meeting.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...el/4677030002/
                UC needs to be lining up their list of replacements. If Freeman goes, would we consider Mike Tressel? He's a good D coordinator with Cincy ties?

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Jalapeno View Post

UC needs to be lining up their list of replacements. If Freeman goes, would we consider Mike Tressel? He's a good D coordinator with Cincy ties?
                  I don't think Freeman would go personally but I'm sure Cunningham has a list provided he's had the time to compile it. All ADs have a list.

I honestly have no opinion of Mike Tressel becuase I don't remember him being on staff here. (He was LB and ST coach under Dantonio at UC) He's running a top 10 national defense in all categories. He'd be a good choice if we want to hang our hat on the defense for the next few years. If you offer Tressel, you better know who the OC is going to be. That person better be pass first or Evan Prater and these receivers we just signed likely transfer out.
                  Last edited by Lobot; 02-07-2020, 05:35 PM.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It's not a lateral move what so ever considering the budget and the facilities they have at MSU. Hopefully he figures he can get a better job in a year or two versus dealing with the issues at MSU right now. However I'm a little worried getting passed over for heir apparent in Columbus could still piss him off and that he would love to have a shot at OSU every year along with a shot at the SOB in Ann Arbor. I'm also hoping his family has a little say in the decision as Cincy is a much better place to live than East Lansing.

Comment

This process is getting far too familiar. I guess the winning is worth it, but damn.

Comment

It would sure make me feel better if he would just make a clear statement like Narduzzi made about staying put. I feel like his silence is deafening. I get it. I still don't like it. The SI article did help remind me that there really are other qualified candidates out there that might also want the job at MSU. All the same, I am getting sick of the power conferences taking our coaches and ADs but not taking our team.

Comment

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
                          This process is getting far too familiar. I guess the winning is worth it, but damn.
                          Much rather look for replacements every three years because of successes like Luke, Mark, Butch, and Brian than that mess that was Tubberville.
                          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Not so sure about Butch.

Comment

Originally posted by UC4me View Post
                              It would sure make me feel better if he would just make a clear statement like Narduzzi made about staying put. I feel like his silence is deafening. I get it. I still don't like it. The SI article did help remind me that there really are other qualified candidates out there that might also want the job at MSU. All the same, I am getting sick of the power conferences taking our coaches and ADs but not taking our team.
                              He was also very silent about the WV job. We didn't even know he was uninterested/declining until WV made that announcement. I think he keeps things close to the vest and doesn't say much publicly to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by MI Bearcat View Post
                                It's not a lateral move what so ever considering the budget and the facilities they have at MSU. Hopefully he figures he can get a better job in a year or two versus dealing with the issues at MSU right now. However I'm a little worried getting passed over for heir apparent in Columbus could still piss him off and that he would love to have a shot at OSU every year along with a shot at the SOB in Ann Arbor. I'm also hoping his family has a little say in the decision as Cincy is a much better place to live than East Lansing.
                                Yeah, there are a tonnnnnnnn of issues up there right now. There's the supposed NCAA violations from Dantonio. There's the rest of the Curtis Blackwell case. There's a sexual assault case on the football team from a former player that should have probably not been let on campus. There's a triple sexual assault case with former basketball players pending. You still have lots and lots of financial and professional fallout from the whole Larry Nasser things. I'd list all the people that have been fired, retired, resigned, etc but I honestly can't keep track of it all. It's a shitshow resembling Baylor except worse.

Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X