This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy Tuberville

Tommy Tuberville has announced his candidacy for the US Senate seat held by Doug Jones. Sean Spicer is working on TT's campaign. He has to get through a primary season, then take on Jones in November, 2020.

I wonder if he'll give any advice to Jones during a debate, as to where he can go?

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
    Tommy Tuberville has announced his candidacy for the US Senate seat held by Doug Jones. Sean Spicer is working on TT's campaign. He has to get through a primary season, then take on Jones in November, 2020.

I wonder if he'll give any advice to Jones during a debate, as to where he can go?
    Good point. However TT is the one who needs to get a job.
    ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Haters gonna hate …...

Comment

That hire looked so good on the surface when it happened. Whit forgot about the iceberg underneath the water.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I remember thinking when the hiring was announced, Great we won't be outcoached any more. OMG was I wrong!

Comment

Tommy seems to have a Dunning-Kruger effect issue. Anyone know how much money he lost investing in Jim Donnan’s Ponzi scheme?
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              Tommy seems to have a Dunning-Kruger effect issue. Anyone know how much money he lost investing in Jim Donnan’s Ponzi scheme?
              Wow, you’re getting heavy here with the psychology. Forgot about the ponzi scheme but no one was ever held accountable for all the money lost.
              I was initially very excited about TT’s hire but by the time he insulted a heckling fan to “Go to he**, Get a job”, I didn’t think he had the temperament to lead our program or coach young men.
              ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmfam View Post

Wow, you’re getting heavy here with the psychology. Forgot about the ponzi scheme but no one was ever held accountable for all the money lost.
                I was initially very excited about TT’s hire but by the time he insulted a heckling fan to “Go to he**, Get a job”, I didn’t think he had the temperament to lead our program or coach young men.
                Haha. I apologize. I've been in attack mode since the Senate announcement. I'm not a fan of the guy. To be fair, Tuberville was not the only big name in coaching that got snared by that Ponzi scheme but he did get sued for dragging in more people to the scheme when he was in Lubbock. A business associate of his from AL plead guilty on that part of it. Jim Donnan and his partner got off scot-free due to jury ineptitude.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here’s a new article from The Athletic ($) on TT’s efforts in the AL senate race. I’m not reraising this subject to launch into a political discussion; just to follow through on his future, given that he spent 4 years here, for better or worse.

https://theathletic.com/1087376/2019...ootball-coach/
                  Last edited by swilsonsp4; 07-28-2019, 04:49 PM.

Comment

In the latest Mason-Dixon poll of tomorrow's GOP primary for US Senate in Alabama, Jeff Sessions and Tubbs are within the margin of error (31%-29%). It's unlikely that either will reach 50%, so there will be a runoff between those two for the right to take on incumbent Doug Jones. The winner of the GOP race is expected to clobber Jones.

Comment

If Tubbs wins maybe he will tank Alabama just like he tanked us. His mode of operation lately is to be retired on the job and make lots of commercials. I guess politics is perfect for him.

Comment

I know this is a little off topic, but I know how forum members had come to love our prior coach who did "so much" for UC FB......

I didn't know that they had "Tele-Senators"???? CTT came in first in the Alabama Senate Republican Primary yesterday. He does have to go to a runoff in 3 weeks, but if he wins that, he will likely be Alabama's next U.S. Senator.

B.C.
                        "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                          I know this is a little off topic, but I know how forum members had come to love our prior coach who did "so much" for UC FB......

I didn't know that they had "Tele-Senators"???? CTT came in first in the Alabama Senate Republican Primary yesterday. He does have to go to a runoff in 3 weeks, but if he wins that, he will likely be Alabama's next U.S. Senator.

B.C.
                          Good grief. Tuberville is Exhibit A for why Americans dislike D.C. politics. He's terrible.....and so are the other guys running for that senate seat...from both parties.
                          IMHO we desperately need a viable 3rd party that's not beholden to the enormous amounts of money that has corrupted the current 2 party system.

Comment

Adam Niemeyer of the Football Video Dept at UC has opened up with a few stories about Tubs. Interesting read from his personal blog.

https://adamniemeyer.blogspot.com/20...-football.html
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

TT may be on his way to being the junior Senator from Bama:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...in-alabama-gop

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X