Urban Meyer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urban Meyer

I debated opening a topic on this since yesterday. Urban's an alum for better or for worse and whatever happens to him will have an effect on the Bearcats via our scheduled game next year.

Also, And I'm wincing typing this, Luke Fickell will probably get interviewed by OSU legal counsel on this issue at some point I suspect.

I personally don't think, based on the documents I've seen from Brett McMurphy, Bryan Fischer or from Cleveland.Com reports that Fickell can be held responsible for anything that happened with this situation. Urban Meyer's contract did not contain any Title IX reporting responsibilties until April of this year. There's no reason to believe that Fickell's contract at OSU was any different during his stint there. Fickell was not over Zach Smith who was fired. Urban Meyer was. It's going to come down to contract language for Urban.

If you'd like links to stuff on this subject, please ask and I'll post them. Otherwise I think this is not an issue for UC until such time as Fickell is involved and right now he isn't. At All.

Also, We have attorney's on this board. I'm not one. Feel free to offer your expertise if you so desire.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I think this is a situation where we get our popcorn and drinks, but holdoff on speaking until the movie is over. And I don't think this is as open-and-shut case as folks think. There may be a lot of smoke, but we don't know for sure if there's a fire for UMeyer.

The problem is the lying - honesty really is the best policy. Tell the truth and you don't have to remember your lies.

I must note that Ohio State's first move after UM's suspension is classic - to appoint a committee. What are university presidents and ADs for? Isn't there a reason they get the big bucks?

Comment

Shelly Meyer will fall on the sword here to save Urban. She will claim that she did not notify him of what she knew. There is no direct evidence that she told Urban and therefore the investigation will conclude that there is insufficient evidence to pin it on Urban. He’ll be reinstated in time for the first game of the season and all will be well in Buckeye nation. Now, what this means for Shelly I can’t say but she may lose her job as a result. With a choice between the two - Urban as the highest paid State of Ohio employee and Shelly’s part time job at the university as a nursing instructor - tO$U’s legal team will make sure that he keeps his job. Shelly will be out of work, at least as an employee of tO$U. This is my take on the situation.

Comment

Fickell is supposed to make a statement today.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
          Shelly Meyer will fall on the sword here to save Urban. She will claim that she did not notify him of what she knew. There is no direct evidence that she told Urban and therefore the investigation will conclude that there is insufficient evidence to pin it on Urban. He’ll be reinstated in time for the first game of the season and all will be well in Buckeye nation. Now, what this means for Shelly I can’t say but she may lose her job as a result. With a choice between the two - Urban as the highest paid State of Ohio employee and Shelly’s part time job at the university as a nursing instructor - tO$U’s legal team will make sure that he keeps his job. Shelly will be out of work, at least as an employee of tO$U. This is my take on the situation.
          I think you nailed it here. She's in more trouble with the university than he is based on what I've seen.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Justin Williams at the Atheltic is reporting that Fickell said that no one has contacted him. Might a matter of "yet" but I guess we'll see. I'm not worried about Fickell.

https://theathletic.com/457784/2018/...contacted-him/
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Fickell says he has utmost respect for Meyer. He probably could have left that out.

Comment

Does Shelly Meyer actually work for Ohio State?

Comment

Shelly Meyer is a part time nursing instructor for OSU.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Afer seeing the transcript of Zach Smith's interview, Gene Smith is in a world of Hurt here. He knew from 2015 on and let Urban Meyer keep Smith on the staff.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Yep, there in a much tighter spot than i first thought here particularly with Meyer's history at Florida. It will be interesting how it plays out, and Meyer's mentality as well. He's had his own issues and this likely won't help that situation. He's got plenty of money and can walk away.

Comment

I believe he will be reprimanded & maybe suspended a game but retain his HC position.
                        I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
                          I believe he will be reprimanded & maybe suspended a game but retain his HC position.
                          I hope I'm wrong.
                          I don't know. In today's environment of "zero tolerance" to domestic violence and sexual assault, with the whole #metoo movement, it may be hard to survive the PR disaster if they keep him. These issues are especially big on college campuses today.

I guarantee you that OSU isn't trying to find the truth so justice is done as much as they are trying to see if there is a way they can keep Urban and spin this in a way that they won't look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                            Afer seeing the transcript of Zach Smith's interview, Gene Smith is in a world of Hurt here. He knew from 2015 on and let Urban Meyer keep Smith on the staff.
                            Based on the statement that Urban made saying he notified through proper channels, I cannot see a situation where Urban can claim he didn't know. The only one safe from that statement is Shelley (at least for being fired). This is going to drag on until either Gene or Urban are ousted, unless one of them resigns first. Ugh what a mess for players and the program I'm no O$U lover, but, I'm sorry for the kids. I mean I wouldn't wish this on anyone because it's the kids that pay for adults behaving badly.

On the bright side, I don't think Fickell would be a serious candidate for the job if it became available. Despite the feelings that he mismanaged as interim when Tressel resigned, Luke is much loved/respected in Columbus. I think Luke needs to prove himself here, before he'd be considered for what would have to be his dream job, though Luke is smart enough to not say that publicly..
                            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

They've assigned a committee head for the investigation. Head of committee said SHE wants this wrapped up in 14 days.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X