No announcement yet.

Urban Meyer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been 14 days. President now says they'll finish when they finish. The more I hear about Zach Smith, two things jump out. How the **** did this guy keep his job so long and if there was anyway to for Urban to keep his job, Zach Smith is probably making that possible by being terrible.

More from McMurphy at https://watchstadium.com/videos/1424...m_term=default
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Reports that flying Urban Meyer is going to shut it down and retire after the 2019 Season and they are retaining Ryan Day to take over the HC position.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        Reports that flying Urban Meyer is going to shut it down and retire after the 2019 Season and they are retaining Ryan Day to take over the HC position.
        You nailed it, only it's happening a year early. Just heard Foxsports announce Meyer is stepping down after their bowl game and Day is taking over.

Comment

This makes zero sense. If he was leaving at the end of this season, why not publicly state so, thank him for 7 straight seasons of double-digit wins and a national championship, and send him off with fanfare?

If they plan to keep the job in house, it would be an opportunity for a hand-off of sorts. If they do not plan to keep the job in house, they could literally freeze the coaching carousel market by announcing his intentions. In either case, I am not seeing the benefit in this case to trying to keep this hush, hush.

Someone educate me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by GoCats1994 View Post
            This makes zero sense. If he was leaving at the end of this season, why not publicly state so, thank him for 7 straight seasons of double-digit wins and a national championship, and send him off with fanfare?

If they plan to keep the job in house, it would be an opportunity for a hand-off of sorts. If they do not plan to keep the job in house, they could literally freeze the coaching carousel market by announcing his intentions. In either case, I am not seeing the benefit in this case to trying to keep this hush, hush.

Someone educate me, please.
            Nevermind - I just saw that they are calling a press conference. Reinforces that there is no reason to keep this a secret...but no need to reply to this post

Comment

Have to guess that this is on Dr.’s orders for Urban. I don’t think anyone saw it coming this soon.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Wasn't the Sugar Bowl against UC supposed to be his last game as he was retiring for health reasons?

Comment

I'll give the guy his due. He had a heck of a run as a head coach at Bowling Green, Utah, Florida, and O$U. Wasn't he one of the first guys to embrace the "spread" offense concept ?

Comment

It appears medically driven but I also wonder if Day didn't accelerate things by asking to interview elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                      Wasn't the Sugar Bowl against UC supposed to be his last game as he was retiring for health reasons?
                      He did retire, then thought he had it under control enough to take the silly lottery type money tO$U offered.
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X