X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobot
    started a topic Travis Kelce

Travis Kelce

ESPN's E:60 has released a profile of Travis Kelce this morning. Available on ESPN and the ESPN app.

• Lobot
    replied
    Per Front Office Sports, Travis is your host for the upcoming season of "Are You Smarter Than a Celebrity"

Leave a comment:

• bearcatbret
    replied
    I ignore all of the "background noise" of our past players, unless it is a legal matter. I had a coworker from Purdue that mentioned to me last week that he had no idea that Travis and Jason were brothers. He also found it interesting that Travis was recruited as a low star quarterback and Jason was a walk-on. These two guys are truly success stories that need to be told.

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied
    Originally posted by sedz View Post
    For a long time our most visible alum in wider society was Nick Lachey. Travis is a pretty likeable dude who can be very intense and very goofy at different times. I don't think he needs to be an explicit ambassador for the university to have a positive impact.
    I like Jason's impact and the torch being passed to Sauce. Sauce though, doesn't have quite the charisma as the Kelces. Jason's wife is a big UC promoter. It would be cool if all the kelces (Mom &Taylor too) showed up for a tournament game. When Jason makes the Hall of Fame a big celebration and statue are due.

Leave a comment:

• sedz
    replied
    For a long time our most visible alum in wider society was Nick Lachey. Travis is a pretty likeable dude who can be very intense and very goofy at different times. I don't think he needs to be an explicit ambassador for the university to have a positive impact.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    Travis apologized on his podcast for his outburst.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/14/sport...ntl/index.html

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat Chris
    replied
    That makes perfect sense, sorry I posted in the wrong place!

B.C.

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    OK, so to follow up on the random Chris thread for this week (I'm kidding Chris), Travis definitely DOES support the University of Cincinnati, the football program and puts his money where his mouth is, both in facilities donations and recruiting budget support.

He intros himself for games as Cleveland Heights HS because he wants to, and he and Jason have branding around the Heights name with their podcast at this point. He's always done this. This is not new. It's his prerogative to do so and no amount of whining from the fanbase about this topic on here, FB, Twitter or elsewhere is going to change his mind most likely. GET OVER IT PEOPLE. It's out of your control and the topic has been beaten to death over his entire career in every CIncinnati related forum possible . Stop complaining about it and spend your energy on something you can actually control because let's face it, Travis is slightly uncontrollable anyway.

Speaking of control, based on what I've read two things happened with the Kelce screaming at his coach situation in the Super Bowl. Travis was frustrated because they took him out as a blocker on the previous play. The guy who went in for him missed a key block on the play which led directly to a turnover by Pacheco. Travis is emotional and highly competitive. He was mad at Andy Reid for letting the OC sub him out. Kelce and Reid have a very good relationship. You'll notice if you watch the replay, that Andy basically doesn't flinch after he gets bumped and barely even looks at him and just calls the next play.

There are very few people in the league or any league that have a relationship with their coach where you can bump, grab and scream at them without being benched or removed to the locker room by the rest of the staff. None of that happened. Travis vented, cooled off and went back in the game on the next series.

Reid was quoted after the game on the subject saying "He keeps me young" and "The part I love is that he loves to play the game and he wants to help his team win," Reid told reporters. "It's not a selfish thing, that's not what it is, and I understand that. So as much as he bumps into me, I get after him and we understand that."

Do you want to model that behavior for younger players? No, because in most instances that would get you kicked off the team. This was not that scenario.
    I thought he was screaming to have more camera time than his girl friend.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    OK, so to follow up on the random Chris thread for this week (I'm kidding Chris), Travis definitely DOES support the University of Cincinnati, the football program and puts his money where his mouth is, both in facilities donations and recruiting budget support.

He intros himself for games as Cleveland Heights HS because he wants to, and he and Jason have branding around the Heights name with their podcast at this point. He's always done this. This is not new. It's his prerogative to do so and no amount of whining from the fanbase about this topic on here, FB, Twitter or elsewhere is going to change his mind most likely. GET OVER IT PEOPLE. It's out of your control and the topic has been beaten to death over his entire career in every CIncinnati related forum possible . Stop complaining about it and spend your energy on something you can actually control because let's face it, Travis is slightly uncontrollable anyway.

Speaking of control, based on what I've read two things happened with the Kelce screaming at his coach situation in the Super Bowl. Travis was frustrated because they took him out as a blocker on the previous play. The guy who went in for him missed a key block on the play which led directly to a turnover by Pacheco. Travis is emotional and highly competitive. He was mad at Andy Reid for letting the OC sub him out. Kelce and Reid have a very good relationship. You'll notice if you watch the replay, that Andy basically doesn't flinch after he gets bumped and barely even looks at him and just calls the next play.

There are very few people in the league or any league that have a relationship with their coach where you can bump, grab and scream at them without being benched or removed to the locker room by the rest of the staff. None of that happened. Travis vented, cooled off and went back in the game on the next series.

Reid was quoted after the game on the subject saying "He keeps me young" and "The part I love is that he loves to play the game and he wants to help his team win," Reid told reporters. "It's not a selfish thing, that's not what it is, and I understand that. So as much as he bumps into me, I get after him and we understand that."

Do you want to model that behavior for younger players? No, because in most instances that would get you kicked off the team. This was not that scenario.

Last edited by Lobot; 02-13-2024, 07:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

No, it’s actually sad that one of them had to win. I dislike both, but I know what I saw. I did spend a few years in Frisco for my first job out of college, but never a 49’rs fan.
    Like you, I dislike both of them. Funny, I worked as an IT consultant in KC a couple of times. I have been an avid Bengals fan since their inception. I was a student at UC while Greg Cook was there.
    Last edited by Oldtimer_UC_fan; 02-13-2024, 01:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

A disgruntled 49er fan maybe?

KC had more passing yards and more rushing yards. Seems to me both teams made a lot of mistakes.
    No, it’s actually sad that one of them had to win. I dislike both, but I know what I saw. I did spend a few years in Frisco for my first job out of college, but never a 49’rs fan.

Leave a comment:

• Oldtimer_UC_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Not sure they were that fired up. They won because the 49’rs missed an XP, and a 49’rs rookie let a punt hit his foot. Seems the Chiefs were more lucky than good.
    A disgruntled 49er fan maybe?

KC had more passing yards and more rushing yards. Seems to me both teams made a lot of mistakes.
    Last edited by Oldtimer_UC_fan; 02-12-2024, 11:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• longtimefan
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    According to NBC, The Super Bowl half time speech in the locker room that fired up the Chiefs was given by Travis.
    Not sure they were that fired up. They won because the 49’rs missed an XP, and a 49’rs rookie let a punt hit his foot. Seems the Chiefs were more lucky than good.

Leave a comment:

• Lobot
    replied
    According to NBC, The Super Bowl half time speech in the locker room that fired up the Chiefs was given by Travis.

Leave a comment:

• leo from jersey
    replied
    The worse part of the Chiefs winning the game is that we will have to sit through those wretched commercials another year. Too much saturation for me. Ohn the plus side, his brother's wife looked great in that UC shirt.

Leave a comment:

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X