• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like they're trying to heal him. DNP last night
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Next game for GSW is 10:30 on Fri night on ESPNU. Don't know Jacob's status for that one
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

These are the NBA preseason lines for Jacob. Honestly it's not at all encouraging. Not sure if he's still semi-hurt or struggling with the new shot mechanics or what. Maybe it's the confidence thing he's always had a little bit of an issue with. In any case this is rough.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3934621
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

If I was a Golden State fan I would be pretty disappointed by these numbers from our first round draft pick. However... the guy drafted right after him (Dzanan Musa) posted worse stats. http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4348696

Comment

Jacob scored a DNP in his debut with the Warriors.

Comment

The few times I caught summer or preseason games, he looked like a deer in the head lights and was playing with zero confidence. If he wasn't a first round guaranteed investment he would be headed to the development league. I hope he grows a pair and earns his roster spot. In hind sight, Jacob and Gary should be in reverse positions. Lets hope Jake settles in and proves he belongs.

Comment

His progress so far has to be disappointing to Warriors fans. Looking back at last year, it seems he didn't make an outside shot the whole second half of the season. He scored points in the Nevada game first half by driving to the basket, when Nevada took that away in the second half he really couldn't score. He always was a player that had trouble with confidence, if he missed early, many times he shut down for the game. I'm sure the Warriors knew that, so my guess is they think they can coach him up to get past that.

Comment

Good points - I hope you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                    His progress so far has to be disappointing to Warriors fans. Looking back at last year, it seems he didn't make an outside shot the whole second half of the season. He scored points in the Nevada game first half by driving to the basket, when Nevada took that away in the second half he really couldn't score. He always was a player that had trouble with confidence, if he missed early, many times he shut down for the game. I'm sure the Warriors knew that, so my guess is they think they can coach him up to get past that.
                    Totally agree with this. He needs to sit down with a sports pyschologist. For all the talent that he has, he lacks a killer instinct in his game. I think it's particularly true that if you lack confidence in the NBA, you're going to sit. Steve Kerr is a smart guy, he'll help him figure it out.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Jacob Evans sighting last night in GS's 123-103 W over Phoenix. 7 minutes, 2 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist. I have no idea what the "+/-" stat line means - but he was -7, which I assume may not be good.

First game action of the year

Comment

Originally posted by GoCats1994 View Post
                        Jacob Evans sighting last night in GS's 123-103 W over Phoenix. 7 minutes, 2 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist. I have no idea what the "+/-" stat line means - but he was -7, which I assume may not be good.

First game action of the year
                        It's what the score differential did while he was on the floor. So, while he was playing, the Warriors were 7 fewer points ahead of Phoenix. A stupid stat.

Comment

Profile on Jacob from Howie Megdal at the Athletic

https://theathletic.com/622813/2018/...ithin-dynasty/
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Slater is reporting that Jacob has been assigned to Santa Cruz of the G-League to get him some playing time. He’s out of the rotation for Golden State.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              Slater is reporting that Jacob has been assigned to Santa Cruz of the G-League to get him some playing time. He’s out of the rotation for Golden State.
                              This can be a positive and most non-lottery guys do go to the G League. Good luck to Jake, hope to see him back with the Warriors soon.

Comment

I still can't believe he went in the first round.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X