NFL Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Draft

From NFL.com here are the guys who might go today: Last column is the NFL's draft grade score.

Bond, Deyshawn
    C 6'2" 287 Cincinnati 5.0
    Green, Tion RB 6'0" 230 Cincinnati 5.2
    Kiel, Gunner QB 6'4" 225 Cincinnati 4.8
    Tyson, Michael S 6'1" 204 Cincinnati 5.0
    Wilson, Eric LB 6'2" 225 Cincinnati 5.1
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Tyson to the Seahawks!
    Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

My boy, Tion Green, signs with the Lions!
      Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Eric Wilson and the Vikings!
        Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Bond to Colts!
          Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

I'm waiting to see if Gunner Kiel gets picked up by someone in free agency today. Apparently there might be as many as 3 teams interested. IMO, Kiel has medical red flags but the NFL doesn't seem to care much about that if it's not a guaranteed contract.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

DJ Dowdy to the Colts.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Zach Edwards to Tampa

Nate Cole II has something but hasn't said what. Edit: it's the Browns
                Last edited by Lobot; 04-30-2017, 03:30 PM.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Alex Pace to the Seahawks
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                    I'm waiting to see if Gunner Kiel gets picked up by someone in free agency today. Apparently there might be as many as 3 teams interested. IMO, Kiel has medical red flags but the NFL doesn't seem to care much about that if it's not a guaranteed contract.
                    Still nothing?
                    Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Originally posted by CroninCrazy View Post

Still nothing?
                      Still nothing. If no one's called by now, I don't expect anyone to call.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Still nothing. If no one's called by now, I don't expect anyone to call.

Are we ever going to know what led to his benching? Are the rumors true of medication?
                        Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Originally posted by CroninCrazy View Post

Are we ever going to know what led to his benching? Are the rumors true of medication?
                          This is hard to write since I've been carefully dancing around it all last year.

I doubt we'll ever specifically know why he was actually benched since Tuberville is gone. There are a couple of versions of events out there but depending on which version you heard, the rumors regarding medication are probably correct. This is why I was somewhat defending Tuberville while all this was going down despite all the other issues around him.. Kiel put Tuberville in a no win situation regarding his status. Although it probably wasn't Kiel's intention to be a problem, he eventually became an issue for the staff. As far as I know Kiel righted his ship with help around the time of the Hawaii Bowl and is OK at this point.

This relates directly to Kiel's NFL status. Personally If I'm an NFL GM, I'm not going to take a flyer on a guy who has a hard time staying healthy and has a major issue like this that's related to injury. It's almost the same reason you didn't see Maty Mauk get drafted or signed. I don't know for sure if Kiel's football playing career is over but it probably should be for his own good IMO. He basically can't get injured again because the treatment options become really limited.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This is hard to write since I've been carefully dancing around it all last year.

I doubt we'll ever specifically know why he was actually benched since Tuberville is gone. There are a couple of versions of events out there but depending on which version you heard, the rumors regarding medication are probably correct. This is why I was somewhat defending Tuberville while all this was going down despite all the other issues around him.. Kiel put Tuberville in a no win situation regarding his status. Although it probably wasn't Kiel's intention to be a problem, he eventually became an issue for the staff. As far as I know Kiel righted his ship with help around the time of the Hawaii Bowl and is OK at this point.

This relates directly to Kiel's NFL status. Personally If I'm an NFL GM, I'm not going to take a flyer on a guy who has a hard time staying healthy and has a major issue like this that's related to injury. It's almost the same reason you didn't see Maty Mauk get drafted or signed. I don't know for sure if Kiel's football playing career is over but it probably should be for his own good IMO. He basically can't get injured again because the treatment options become really limited.
                            Unfortunately, I thought so. I wish Gunner would've had a shot considering he was such a great player when he was on his game.
                            Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X