• Show
Clear All

Preseason lines for Lance

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4244
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Lance has signed a 1yr 4m contract with Laoning of China. It will be Interesting to see if his act will play over there.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Update: His act is playing very well over there. Went for a career record 45, 10, and 9 earlier today. They can't guard him.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

From Zags. Man, this is rough. Lance was set to sign with the Pacers again for this abbreviated season but since he played in China he got blocked by NBA policy on COVID-19.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamzag.../#4fc0fd74849e
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Lance has entered the G league draft in an effort to eventually return to the NBA. Per Shams Charania
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I wish the best for Lance. You cant help but think things would have turned out better career wise for him if hed come back to school for at least one more year. He is at least very entertaining!

Comment

That would have required him being a student in good academic standing. His plan was never to stay more than one year and he didn't even want to do that but the rules forced him too. You're right another year would have helped but probably us more than him. The same thing can be said about almost all the guys who leave school early chasing the dream and the $. Lance will someday be a good 30 for 30 story of immense talent with marginal results. He could definitely be entertaining and capable of the spectacular and was known as a great NBA defender. I hope he can make it back for another run in the league and his Covid / China situation was just unlucky timing.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
                  That would have required him being a student in good academic standing. His plan was never to stay more than one year and he didn't even want to do that but the rules forced him too. You're right another year would have helped but probably us more than him. The same thing can be said about almost all the guys who leave school early chasing the dream and the $. Lance will someday be a good 30 for 30 story of immense talent with marginal results. He could definitely be entertaining and capable of the spectacular and was known as a great NBA defender. I hope he can make it back for another run in the league and his Covid / China situation was just unlucky timing.
                  Who knows what classes he was in and obviously the name of the game was eligibility. But is there anything to suggest he wasn't in good academic standing?

"Lance Stephenson did great (academically)," Cronin said. "He was over 3.0 (grade point average) in his time at Cincinnati, but he wasn't around enough to even be close to an associate's degree." https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...dones/7647771/

Comment

I had heard that knowing he was leaving one and done, he had a soft schedule and rarely attended. That was the rumor mill from on campus but I can't substantiate that. Remember these guys really only needed to stay eligible for one semester as the season would be done before the second one ended. He had eligibility issues coming out of high school which is why he was available so late. Hard to believe he developed good study habits in 4 months at UC.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                      I wish the best for Lance. You cant help but think things would have turned out better career wise for him if hed come back to school for at least one more year. He is at least very entertaining!
                      Everyone should be so lucky!

Estimated Career Earnings
                      2016-17 $4,000,000 $4,000,000
                      2017-18 $4,180,000 $4,180,000
                      2018-19 $4,449,000 $4,449,000
                      Est. Earnings (9 seasons) $35,194,574 $35,269,574

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post

Plus he's a movie star!! I just saw the movie "Fatale" a few weeks ago and in the movie Hillary Swank is having an affair with a sports agent. Who is in the office meeting with him? Lance Stephenson! So he has the residuals from this cameo which I am sure doesn't add up to much.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post

Wow! Good for him. I guess we shouldn't be too worried for his well being. Thanks for sharing and I hope he is wise with his money. Congrats Lance.

Comment

Lance held a private workout in Las Vegas for about 6 NBA teams today. He's been kind of in no man's land since leaving China during Covid. Hopefully he'll work his way back into the league.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

@DraftExpress: The G League draft is tomorrow at 1pm. Some of the more recognizable names eligible to be selected by any team include: LiAngelo Ball, Lance Stephenson, Karim Mane and Jonathan Kuminga's brother Joel Ntambwe.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                                @DraftExpress: The G League draft is tomorrow at 1pm. Some of the more recognizable names eligible to be selected by any team include: LiAngelo Ball, Lance Stephenson, Karim Mane and Jonathan Kuminga's brother Joel Ntambwe.
                                Went #13 to Grand Rapids (Nuggets org.)
                                Last edited by GoBearcats31; 10-23-2021, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X