Jeff Luc starting FB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Luc starting FB

Jeff Luc is listed on the Bengals two deep as the starting fullback. Not bad for a guy who hasn't played RB since high school.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Can you say battering ram?

Comment

I can't wait to see him smash somebody as he comes through the line... the knock on him was he never had any lateral speed.. but his north and south speed/size/momentum could be destructive!

Comment

At his height and velocity coming thru an nfl offensive line there could be some guys with serious cases of the goo.

Comment

He was cut today unfortunately - http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-...nt-kicking-job

Comment

If he went to Ohio State, he would have made the team

Comment

As sad of a testimony as it is, you are exactly right. After all, how good could he be if he played at Cincinnati. See it all the time in recruiting. If we get them they are 3 star players. If they elect o$u or some other bigger brand, they get elevated to 4 stars.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
                If he went to Ohio State, he would have made the team
                I think Connor Barwin, Travis Kelce, Kevin Huber and many others would disagree with that statement.

Comment

They've cut loose of osu guys as well. I would not be suprised if Luc is signed to the practice squad unless someone picks him up first. He's a major tweener size wise for the nfl. Lacks size and speed to cover guys in nfl on a regular basis so he's more of a situational player. He may end up in Canada.

Comment

I think he's better than the Arena league but if he can play both ways, he's definitely got a future there.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I think he lacks the elite speed needed for the NFL and the arena league. He has a nose for the football though. Like coach says, he's more of a situational player. Hopefully, he'll sign on somewhere.

Comment

Kelce, Barwin and Huber have excelled in the NFL and would have done so regardless of the college they came from. Luc is a marginal NFL player and like so many other guys we have had, very good but not quite ready for prime time. This is not to say we can't produce NFL players because obviously we can and have, but I would stand behind the statement that "marginal" guys from bigger brand names get the benefit of the doubt that our guys and Luc don't enjoy. If Luc had been from oSu he sticks in my opinion.

Comment

I think you're right as far as recruit rankings are concerned, but I think it's different in the NFL. Lots of undrafted free agents make it in the NFL every year. In the case of the Bengals, I'm not sure they even will carry a true FB as they really like Ryan Hewitt who often lines up at that position. Jeff Luc just didn't have the range to play LB in the NFL so they tried him at FB, so he was really a longshot to make the team. I hope he is able to catch on with another pro team.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X