Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guyn Flourishing at ETSU

Just saw this.

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 7m7 minutes ago Ge'Lawn Guyn scored a combined 312 points in 101 games during his three-year run at Cincinnati. This year at ETSU he's scored 500 points.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Ge'Lawn is the SoCon player of the year.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Ok, so i will let the games begin, does this say anything about our coaching staff????

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
        Ok, so i will let the games begin, does this say anything about our coaching staff????

I'm not going to criticize or say anything specific, but it sure does make you wonder. I mean Guyn was not an offensive threat at all when he played here.

Comment

Just out of curiosity I looked up ETSU's path to the NCAA, they (2 seed) have Mercer today at 5:00 (19-13) the winner of Furman (17-14) vs. UNC-Greenville (15-16) and then a probable of Chattanooga, (26-5), the 1 seed.

Season stats including UC lines:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...'lawn-guyn
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by blackattack View Post

I'm not going to criticize or say anything specific, but it sure does make you wonder. I mean Guyn was not an offensive threat at all when he played here.
            I haven't seen them play this year, so i can't really evaluate, but GG always looked very tight in uc's offense. Never sure whether to shoot/make a move, etc.. My gut says he is a more relaxed player in his current situation. Not facing same level of player every night, but 500 points, is 500 points as they say. Hope he gets a shot in tourney.

Comment

In a year where very little has gone right, you cannot help but think of the irony of a guard who spend 3 years here and scored 500 pts this year somehwere else, and you're going into a critical game tomorrow short handed.....and i think have an open scholly. Karma?

Comment

Yep this ^^^^^

Comment

I would love, love, love to know what Guyn's take is (truthfully) on why he can leave he and flourish offensively. He was a pretty quiet kid, and given his success i highly doubt he would not take the high road regardless, but it would be enlightening. ET is not at the same level as we are, but they have always given us good games, and i recall being at a first round ncaa game where they almost took Huggins down back at OSU. They had a little guard then who was really, really, tough. I think that was the Micheal Horton, block and tackle point guard years, and Robert Whaley making sporadic appearances when he was not in the doghouse. Lost next game to Deron Williams Illini. The thing is, we played non conference games whereby if it was the level of competition GG would have scored more. Not sure why, guess lucky 4th season. Good for him.

Comment

We could have definitely used Guyn's 500 points this year...Probably would have saved the Bearcats on a couple losses...Look at all the close games we lost by 2-4pts...

Comment

He's now in the ncaa tourney as well with Chatanooga's win over etu last night.

Comment

Correction, espn headline wrong. he's out. Etu eliminated.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X