Wbb 2021-2022

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wbb 2021-2022

The WBB program is trending way up right now. Hopefully we get past Covid and injuries and see what a relatively normal season looks like.

Need some feedback. Do you all want me to track offers for WBB? I got some limited answers from folks the last time I asked this.

The reason I ask is we just offered Destiny Jackson from Iowa. She's class of 2025 and one of the best players in the country in her class. I think you could we're trying to get the foot in the door early. There's nothing wrong with that.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I think everyone appreciates your efforts on this board. Tracking commits for FB, MBB and WBB seems like a daunting task. I would be more interested in actual commits rather than every offer made.

Comment

Full schedule is out:

https://gobearcats.com/news/2021/9/2...asketball.aspx

Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Building culture. ‘We're building on our culture’: Women’s basketball head coach on upcoming season | Sports | newsrecord.org

Comment

Season starts tonight for the Ladies against Alabama A&M at 7:00. The game will be on ESPN+.

Full Schedule:

https://gobearcats.com/sports/womens...tball/schedule

Also, I just noticed that we have offered a rising star in WBB for the class of 2026 (Yes, this is correct) in Amari Byles.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

They just sent out an announcement that The Women's Crosstown Shootout on Dec 12 is down to less than 1000 seats available.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

UC women topped Xavier women 82-73. The Cats outscored the Muskies 32-20 in the fourth quarter.
              https://gobearcats.com/news/2021/12/...ier-82-73.aspx

Comment

The game against Lipscomb on Wednesday night has been Covid canceled.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

https://twitter.com/GoBEARCATS/statu...02430173614082

Comment

If you're looking for a game to watch this Saturday , the Women's team takes on Tulsa at 2:00 1/29 on ESPN+
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

UC celebrating 50 years of women's hoops https://gobearcats.com/news/2022/2/2...-on-ngwsd.aspx

Comment

Tough sledding this year. I was just checking out the bracket possibilities and didn't realize that the women's team is tied for last place in conference this season. They will be playing on Monday, 3/7 at the AAC Championship in Ft. Worth for sure in case you're in town for the Championships.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The school has announced that Laurie Pirtle will be inducted into the UC Hall of Fame. She coached for 21 seasons and is the career wins leader for the women’s program.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                            The school has announced that Laurie Pirtle will be inducted into the UC Hall of Fame. She coached for 21 seasons and is the career wins leader for the women’s program.
                            None of the WBB coaches that came after her have had the same success and she had less to work with. It was my understanding Pirtle was pushed out when we went to the Big East. If that's true, it was a bad decision.

The first weekend in February, the Bearcats played Tulane in New Orleans on Friday, and Southern Miss on Sunday. Not too long ago that would have meant 2,000-plus miles of round-the-clock driving. But Pirtle said there have been a lot of improvements in women's basketball during her coaching career. "We went from vans to busses, and driving 27 hours straight changed to flying. Probably the biggest improvement has been in recruiting. Now coaches on overnight recruiting trips get to stay in hotels. It used to mean sleeping in the van at a rest stop."
                            UC Women's Basketball Coach Has a Winning Focus

Laurie Pirtle earned the honor to be in the hall UC Hall of Fame.

Comment

Nice crowd today. But Akira Levy didn’t score, and the Bearcats committed 23 turnovers, a bunch in the last 5 minutes. Can’t win like that. They played hard, and are much better FT shooters than the men.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X