No announcement yet.

Olympics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volleyball watch party vs Turkey at 5/3 tomorrow Thursday 7/29 - Doors open at 8:00 AM

Match at 8:45. Wear Red or Red White and Blue.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This is absolutely awful by Nigeria. Annette Echikunwoke is not allowed to compete because of incompetence by their athletic federation. She’s one of 10 Nigerian athletes affected.

https://gobearcats.com/news/2021/7/3...ing-error.aspx
      Last edited by Lobot; 07-31-2021, 09:42 AM.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Jordan Thompson was pulled out of yesterday's Volleyball match against Russia with an injury. The USA lost that match 0-3 without her.

Vanessa Gilles scored the wining PK for Canada.

https://gobearcats.com/news/2021/7/3...emifinals.aspx
        Last edited by Lobot; 07-31-2021, 09:58 AM.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I just saw the injury for Jordan. It was a pretty bad ankle turn. She has since posted to Instagram that it’s not serious
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

If JT can play even at 70%, that would be good news for the team

Comment

Vanessa Gilles’ Canadian women’s soccer team defeated the USWNT in the olympics semifinals 1-0
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

JT did not dress for the US's 5-set win over Italy. The US women finished 4-1 in winning their group. On to the quarterfinals.

JT was limping noticeably when she came onto the court after the match, with an ankle brace.

Comment

The US team also lost their primary setter with the same injury as JT (she came down on the foot of teammate and turned the ankle). Apparently JT may be available for the quarter finals although I would think they would sit her out and let her heal since they now play the #4 seed from the other Pool and maybe put in her in if they get a lead.

Comment

I’m watching the Qtrs now vs. DR and Jordan is not in the match
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here is a link to a neat article about the bond between the 1980 team and this team: https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/...lympics-squad/

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                        Vanessa Gilles’ Canadian women’s soccer team defeated the USWNT in the olympics semifinals 1-0
                        Canada wins gold https://twitter.com/GoBEARCATS/statu...58218425815040

Comment

The U.S. women's volleyball team swept Brazil, 3-0, to win gold. I don't know if JT played, but she was not mentioned in the espn.com article I read.

Comment

I can't find an actual box score or stats anywhere but Annie Drews, the player that subbed in for Jordan after her injury, had a bnch of points. I don't think Jordan played.

None of that takes away from the fact that she's got a gold medal and that's the first one ever in women's volleyball for Team USA
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              I can't find an actual box score or stats anywhere but Annie Drews, the player that subbed in for Jordan after her injury, had a bnch of points. I don't think Jordan played.

None of that takes away from the fact that she's got a gold medal and that's the first one ever in women's volleyball for Team USA
                              Drews may have finished the job, but Thompson was the MVP to the point of her injury. Congratulations to team USA and to Thompson.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

Drews may have finished the job, but Thompson was the MVP to the point of her injury. Congratulations to team USA and to Thompson.
                                I definitely agree and there needs to be a movement on to get her number retired in 5/3
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X