Video Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Games

Unless you were hiding under a rock yesterday, you saw that EA Sports is going to release a college football game again for the first time since 2014. Some facts about it.

It'll be called EA Sports College Football. The year on the package is pending because they haven't even started development yet and we may not even see the game untill 2023 (One would think they'd just plunk some duct tape on Madden but we'll see.

There will be no recognizable names and players in the game unlike the previous versions that used real players likeness and stats. This caused a lawsuit and a lot of royalty checks to former players a few years ago. However, this stands to change. Congress and the NCAA are trying to tackle NIL right now so by the time the game comes out, NIL might not be an issue. We'll have to wait and see what kind of rosters we get.

Personally, I have fond memories playing 2009 NCAA Football and dialing up Brian Kelly's Orange Bowl team running roughshod over Ohio State for the BCS championship multiple years in a row using Dynasty Mode. For some reason I kept this version of the game for XBox and still have the disc.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I had the 2003 game (Joey Harrington on the cover) and the 2008 (Jared Zabransky).

I recall spending hours manually filling in names of the players for UC, conference rivals and other teams of note (maybe like the OSU, Michigan, USC, Texas, Miami types). I recall the UC rushing attack with guys like Greg Moore, Bradley Glathaar, and Butler Benton. Probably Dustin Grutza, Dominick Goodman, etc.

I remember, in '08, creating a dynasty with Central Florida (or maybe they were "UCF" by then). I even bought a UCF hat at one point. Didn't realize they'd become a legit program and, of course, a UC rival. No, I don't have that hat still.
    Last edited by GoBearcats31; 02-03-2021, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Start up the wayback machine and let's get nerdy. I go back to arcades and 10 yard fight, Cyberball 2077, and Tecmo Bowl. Seems like Atari Football was console only. The Mattel and Coleco handhelds were always fun for what they were.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here we go again. According to Matt Brown at Extra Points, an EA announcement is coming today. He's been following this for years. Meanwhile here's ESPN trying to act like they scooped this.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal.../_/id/37668089
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here’s Matt’s write up from this afternoon which is wayyyy more detailed than ESPN. Unfortunately it’s paywalled I think ($?)

https://www.extrapointsmb.com/p/ea-s...e-i-ve-learned

Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

NCAA College Football 25 trailer has dropped. ($)

https://theathletic.com/5278072/2024...video-release/
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I haven't bought a video game in over a decade, but if we get a college basketball release I might cave. I spent way too many hours playing College Hoops 2k8. I grew up with College Slam on SNES and then College Hoops 99 on N64.

Comment

I had the NCAA Football 08 game (Boise State QB Jared Zabransky on the cover) and had a mildly successful franchise/dynasty with some plucky under-the-radar program called Central Florida.

Comment

I think I ran the table 4 years in a row with the Bearcats in NCAA 09 in dynasty mode. Beat tOSU two years in a row
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by sedz View Post
                    I haven't bought a video game in over a decade, but if we get a college basketball release I might cave. I spent way too many hours playing College Hoops 2k8. I grew up with College Slam on SNES and then College Hoops 99 on N64.
                    Little know fact, the UC Marching band played the fight songs for College Slam. I still have a copy since my name is in the credits.

Comment

Originally posted by sloppydj13 View Post

Little know fact, the UC Marching band played the fight songs for College Slam. I still have a copy since my name is in the credits.
                      That's awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                        I think I ran the table 4 years in a row with the Bearcats in NCAA 09 in dynasty mode. Beat tOSU two years in a row
                        I still keep my PS3 to play March Madness 2010.

Comment

Here a follow up article from Matt Brown at Extra Points (~$). Might be paywalled.

https://www.extrapointsmb.com/p/okay...ler-comes-next
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

I still keep my PS3 to play March Madness 2010.
                            I had 14 on Nintendo Wii and the Wii died a horrible death by cat.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Lots and lots of articles and posts today. EA sent the player NIL contracts out his morning. ($)

https://theathletic.com/5291622/2024...layer-payment/
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X