D1 Dead Period

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1 Dead Period

The D1 Council has extended the recruiting dead period out to April 15 for all sports. This means no coaches will have seen recruits in person in a year.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I like seeing recruiting news following who we chase or offer, but I don't know all of the terms and ramifications. I think dead period means coaches can't visit in person and recruit can't come on campus (official or unoffical). The term dead period implies no electronic contact, but I thought we had zoom calls with recruits over the past few months.

Somewhat related topic, can non-athletes take college visits/tours to decide on which colleges to apply? Can athletes join in those tours to see how they like the campus and academic side? (Without having contact with coaches). I think that athletes should at least be able to look at the school and see if that part is acceptable or a good fit.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Dead period may very well be an outdated term in the age of Zoom. It refers to the periods where there is no in person contact between players and the coaching staff and no in person evaluations by the staff or visits by players.

I know we had at least one basketball recruit visit campus last spring on his own. It was not an official or unofficial visit in terms of recruiting. He just drove to campus with friends to check the place out. There’s nothing from stopping a player from doing that as far as I know.

As far as joining an academic tour I’m not sure. That might count as an unofficial visit. Also I’m not sure they are running in person academic tours under current circumstances.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

If you haven't figured it out already, the recruiting dead periods for both football and basketball ended on 5/31 as planned. We had a midnight practice event for football and have already had a unofficial visit in basketball.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X