Baseball 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball 2020

The Bearcats are Coming...First Pitch reception is Thursday Jan 30.

https://gobearcats.com/news/2020/1/2...anuary-30.aspx
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

FYI, the baseball team took a big punch to the gut this past weekend. They dropped all three to three different teams in the Atlanta Challenge: Georgia State, Georgia Tech and Kennesaw State. Tech is the only team that is worth a ****.

Georgia State, we should have won. Up 2 going into the bottom of the 9th and we bring in a position player (Weimer) to close it out. He walked the first 2 batters he faced and then we brought in someone else who threw a couple wild pitches and we lost the game in 10. I have no idea what went into that decision, but what a bad decision it was.

I was so mad that I really didn't even pay attention to the next 2 games. I just know they lost.

It looks like we have a lot of young pitchers this year. Maybe that had something to do with it, but I'd like to never see that again. Hoping for better results this weekend at Florida State.

Comment

The plan all along was to have Weimer be the star that he is in the field AND be a closer also. After last year's start, I'm not too concerned, considering the finish.
      Last edited by Geaux Juan; 02-19-2020, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Schedule site seems to be having some issue but here's the full schedule. Next up is a road trip at Tallahassee.

https://gobearcats.com/sports/baseball/schedule
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
          The plan all along was to have Weimer be the star that he is in the field AND be a closer also. After last year's start, I'm not too concerned, considering the finish.
          Well, it wasn't a good first outing for Weimer on the mound. He was great at the plate, but WOOF! Can't come in and walk 2 guys showing NO control. This seemed to take a lot of people by surprise.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X