Volleyball is tourney bound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volleyball is tourney bound

Women's Volleyball led by Jordan Thompson has won the AAC regular season title and will host next year's 2020 conference tournament at 5/3. Would certainly seem they have the inside track on an NCAA tourney bid as well. They have one more home date vs Tulsa at 5/3 tomorrow at 1:00. Conference tourney for the 2019 season is at UCF on 11/22. UC will be the the #1 seed.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Is this tournament going to be televised?

Comment

I thought I saw somewhere that the Finals of the tournament were going to be televised, maybe on ESPNU

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Burk View Post
        I thought I saw somewhere that the Finals of the tournament were going to be televised, maybe on ESPNU
        That is correct, per gobearcats.com. The final will be this Sunday, 11/24/19 at 1:30 PM on ESPNU.

UC's semifinal match will be Saturday afternoon at 3:30 versus either Tulane or Houston.

Comment

Full schedule: https://theamerican.org/tournaments/?id=223
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

coach Alvey needs to make some adjustments. Maria Fallon his way off her game

Comment

UC dropped the match in 5 sets. The Cats were in command in the third set, 24-18, but UCF ran off eight straight points to gain a 2-1 set advantage. UC squeaked out the fourth set, 26-24, but trailed the Knights from the midpoint of Set 5 and fell, 15-10. So, it's just a matter of awaiting the committee's tourney announcement. UC are certain of an at-large bid.

Comment

The volleyball team will head to Pitt for an opening NCAA match against 24-6 VCU Friday afternoon at 4:00. The winner gets the host, #6 Pitt, who likely will demolish Howard in their first match.

The Cats played at Pitt in the second match of the season, with the Panthers sweeping UC, 3-0.

Comment

First game is at 4:00 today in Pittsburgh. The game will be broadcast on ESPN3 if you wish to tune in.

https://www.espn.com/watch?id=311b29...5-7d09679edb83
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

UC lost first set to VCU, bad all around play. I am not a fan of Mallon and wish Coach Alvey would make some substitutions. Seems like we are getting outplayed and outcoached although it is early. Thompson needs to heat up.. VCU is a great blocking team.

Comment

The Cats rallied to win three straight games to move on: 20-25, 25-22, 25-19, 25-23. Jordan Thompson had 27 kills. Next up, the winner of host Pitt or Howard. Considering that the Panthers are #6 in the country, I wouldn't bet any paychecks on Howard.

Comment

Congrats to the Volleyball team, Great Win.

Comment

UC plays Pitt at 730 tonight. I think they were ranked #2 in country at one time. We shoud have a good match if Thompson is on and if Mallon has fa ew less hitting and service errors. Go Cats

Comment

UC tied 2-2 with Pitt , great game by Mallon, hitting and serving, great blocking by #4 Thompson her normal self. Final set to 15. Go Cats!!!!!!!!!

Comment

HUGE HUGE WIN OVER PITT, Unbelievable , they hung tough. Next up I think is Penn State.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X