Bohn-Usc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://insideusc.blog/2019/11/05/mo...t-of-usc-deal/

USC was supposed to announce Mike Bohn as its new athletic director but Bohn is having second thoughts, according to sources.

Why? Sources indicated USC president Carol Folt informed Bohn he would not be able to hire Urban Meyer as the next football coach. That is considered a dealbreaker for Bohn, according to sources.

Bohn informed USC of his decision but sources said university officials are still talking to him so the situation could still go either way. Nothing is easy at USC any more.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ts/4163484002/

"Mike is still a UC employee," a school spokesperson told The Enquirer Tuesday morning. "Anything beyond that is speculation."

UC began the process of forming a search committee last week to hire Bohn's replacement, two sources with direct knowledge of the athletics department told The Enquirer. And, according to sources, university president Neville G. Pinto made a call to Bearcats' football coach Luke Fickell Friday to reassure that the future of UC athletics would be placed in good hands.

Last edited by GoBearcats31; 11-05-2019, 11:06 AM.

Comment

I call b.s. on that article. It doesn't have anything to do with Urban Meyer. That's a west coast blogger's fantasy.

Comment

Pete Thamel: Sources: Mike Bohn's announcement as USC's new AD expected by the end of the week. Everything still on course.

Comment

At this point, it's best if he moves on. You need an AD committed to this university, not some guy looking for perceived greener pastures. When Cronin agreed to a contract then backed out at UNLV you knew his heart was no longer here, and it was just a matter of time. Same with Bohn, time for a fresh start.

Comment

I will bet the ranch it has to do with the length of the contract, and buyouts. etc. If the reports were correct, he was not their first choice. I wouldn't take it either in a place as expensive as LA is unless i knew i was going to get paid. They'd have to give me Taggart terms. LOL

Comment

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ts/4163484002/
              Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

I was Out this morning, but the Bohn to USC thing is on ice right now because according to USC beat writers they did not inform Bohn he would NOT be allowed to hire Urban Meyer until after he agreed to take the job.

The reason why other candidates backed away from the position was because they were told up front that they couldn’t hire Meyer. Looks like USC just kinda decided to not tell Mike.

In any case, USC has not made an announcement on the hire. Bohn is still our AD as of now.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I heard this discussed this morning by a national guy who had a former USC player/now west coast sports guy. WCSG made it sound more complicated than a potential-Meyer hiring, although that could be a big part of it.

His contention was that USC's athletic department is a mess, behind the times, and somewhat under-funded. It's also run like a family business, and Mr. Bohn isn't part of the family. Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Geaux Juan View Post
                    I heard this discussed this morning by a national guy who had a former USC player/now west coast sports guy. WCSG made it sound more complicated than a potential-Meyer hiring, although that could be a big part of it.

His contention was that USC's athletic department is a mess, behind the times, and somewhat under-funded. It's also run like a family business, and Mr. Bohn isn't part of the family. Yet.
                    I would be surprised at the underfunded part because of their donor network, Particularly B Wayne Hughes, the founder of Public Storage. Now I'm not at all suprised by the family business thing. They tend to hire in a USC Alumni bubble and it's gotten them in trouble a few times over the years. Reminds me a bit of Michigan with the "Michigan Man" thing.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                      At this point, it's best if he moves on. You need an AD committed to this university, not some guy looking for perceived greener pastures. When Cronin agreed to a contract then backed out at UNLV you knew his heart was no longer here, and it was just a matter of time. Same with Bohn, time for a fresh start.
                      I had thought that Mick's heart was here and he used UNLV as leverage to get a private plane for recruiting. I could see that this explanation is probably closest to the truth of how relationships were soured between Mick and UC administration. Interesting, thanks for this perspective (it's at least new to me)
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                        I'm doubting that he has been "looking to greener pastures". But if USC comes calling, you answer the door. And they probably gave him a great offer, but it looks like they weren't upfront with him and he's having cold feet. I have no problem with him coming back to UC. He is a professional guy who has been all in for UC and done a great job. He is not the same as Mick Cronin (much more professional if you ask me). He may very well be needed here if CLF ends up going somewhere else. He has made some great hires the past few years and I hope he's here for the next one.

Comment

Enquirer says Bohn's buyout is 800k. Surprised it's that high.

Comment

He's being announced at USC tomorrow. He couldn't come back to UC after this.

Comment

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...-bohn-thursday
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

UC just tweeted goodbye to Bohn. Looks official.
                                Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X