No announcement yet.

Bohn-Usc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fickell is a midwest guy with a lot of tri state connections. I'm pretty sure that Usc job if it opens up will likely be filled by a guy with a lot of west coast experience and connections. Football is a little different animal than basketball. Much hard to recruit areas that you are not familiar with. That job in my humble estimation is not the type of move that would make sense for him even if they had interest. Odd fit.

Comment

Desiree Reed-Francois is an interesting candidate. She knows UC's landscape and fundraising challenges having been here under Whit Babcock. She was the interim AD before Bohn came in, followed Whit to VT and is now at UNLV as head honcho. However, she's a West Coaster and I have no idea if she would leave UNLV to come back east.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desiree_Reed-Francois

Also, this could use some serious editing : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_Bearcats
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Maggie McKinley will be the interim AD.

Too early to know if she will be a candidate for the permanent position.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
          Fickell is a midwest guy with a lot of tri state connections. I'm pretty sure that Usc job if it opens up will likely be filled by a guy with a lot of west coast experience and connections. Football is a little different animal than basketball. Much hard to recruit areas that you are not familiar with. That job in my humble estimation is not the type of move that would make sense for him even if they had interest. Odd fit.
          I agree. This is not the right job for him IMO. It could still happen but I don't believe Fickell and Mike Bohn were on great terms despite having been hired by Bohn.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

According to Brett McMurphy at Stadium, Bohn was about 7th or 8th on the list of candidates for USC, one of which was Whit Babcock. They aimed pretty high on this search going after Oklahoma and Clemson ADs as well.

USC folks are claiming Bohn was brought in to hire Urban Meyer but I have no idea how valid the sources on that were. Meyer wants to coach again but health wise I think I'd stay at FOXSports if I were him.

Meyer's name was even tossed around to replace Jason Garrett with the Dallas Cowboys but I'm not sure he was serious when he mentioned it.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Cronin jumps ship last year, Bohn this year. Hmmm. Any chance politics at UC is at play here?

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFog View Post
                Cronin jumps ship last year, Bohn this year. Hmmm. Any chance politics at UC is at play here?
                $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFog View Post
                  Money talks.

Comment

I read somewhere where they were paying someone in that job 2.5mm annually. That's five times almost what he makes here and one of the highest in college athletics. That's a unique opportunity. We've got a great school and programs, but we'll never likely be at the top of those lists. It's just how it is. It's an attractive job. I personally believe it's good to get new blood in these jobs every 5 or 6 years. He's been good for the school, and a nice guy. I wish him well, but he's replaceable.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      BCJ seems think Desiree Reed-Francois and Jim Tressel are viable candidates. Both are currently sitting ADs.
                      Last I knew, Tressel was the President of Youngstown State, not the AD. Heard him speak at that campus and he seemed to be quite happy in that position.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post

Last I knew, Tressel was the President of Youngstown State, not the AD. Heard him speak at that campus and he seemed to be quite happy in that position.
                        You're correct. He is in fact the Pres of YSU. My mistake.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I want to state I thought Bohn did a great job as our AD, he was personable, made great hires & worked hard to get us into a bigger conference. Best of luck to him
                          in his new position!

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatjd View Post
                            I want to state I thought Bohn did a great job as our AD, he was personable, made great hires & worked hard to get us into a bigger conference. Best of luck to him
                            in his new position!
                            I agree with this. Mike Bohn made some very good hires and had us postioned for Big 12 entry. I could nitpick a couple of things here and there but by and large he did a very good job. I think this is a bigger loss than we realize.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                              I don't believe Bohn has any relationship with Meyer. I can see where the press out of town would like that to be the case and stirs it, but i doubt it's any leg up. As for Fickell, can't see him in LA in the Pac 12, but i guess never say never. Price of success. Personally, i would have no interest in living in LA. Even movie people move from there who have mucho dinero. It's a very odd place to live for someone from the midwest.
                              Meyer is an alum. I am sure they have talked as Urban has been on the sideline. Urban's sister works for the school and I am sure they met with Urban as a parent of a scholarship baseball player. Plenty of relationships there.

Comment

Congratulations to Mike B. for a great run here at UC. Sorry to see him go but I wish him all the best. He made some great hires and got the basketball arena renovation complete on his watch. He also leaves with basketball ranked (last year ... hopefully this year) and football ranked top 25 this year. No small achievement!!!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X