Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bohn-Usc

https://www.thescore.com/ncaab/news/1868372

This looks like it’s done almost. Athletic is now reporting the same. Good hire by USC. They finally got out of their family bubble.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Once this is formally announced by USC, the job opening has to be posted by state law. I think you'll see Karen Hatcher and Brandon Sosna come up as interim ADs. I think there will be a national search but I think those two names will be in the mix for the permanent position if we hire from inside.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Nevermind on Sosna. He's off to USC.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Looks like the interim might be Maggie McKinley which was the other possibility I left out.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Bohn will be officially announced by USC on Monday per several sources.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Urban Meyer?

Comment

Definitely a possibility. That's all rumor right now concerning Urban. My only issue there is experience and past issues with the football programs under him. That could be a home run hire fundraising wise or a complete bust administratively.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Some people are saying we should consider the assistant at OSU since he is a UC grad. Not sure if "they" (the talking heads) are talking about Urban Meyer or not.

Comment

I'd personally rather have a sitting AD then be a testing ground for someone. I think we've fared better with people who have previosuly held the top job than the up and comer in this particular position.

BTW if you haven't figured it out yet, this is setting up for Bohn and Sosna to make a run at Fickell for USC's next coach when Clay Helton is fired after the season. Both of them know exactly how much we have in the budget to extend CLF and will probably make him an offer we can't match.
                    Last edited by Lobot; 11-01-2019, 01:44 PM.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The other rumor I'm seeing right now is that Bohn and Sosna go after Urban Meyer with FIckell as the fallback option.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I'm tired of getting the good guys poached!

Comment

I don't believe Bohn has any relationship with Meyer. I can see where the press out of town would like that to be the case and stirs it, but i doubt it's any leg up. As for Fickell, can't see him in LA in the Pac 12, but i guess never say never. Price of success. Personally, i would have no interest in living in LA. Even movie people move from there who have mucho dinero. It's a very odd place to live for someone from the midwest.

Comment

BCJ seems think Desiree Reed-Francois and Jim Tressel are viable candidates. Both are currently sitting ADs.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Holy Cow Tressel! My goodness I hope not

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X