• Show
Clear All

• Mike Bohn

Article from Justin WIlliams on Bohn and Brandon Sosna this morning

https://theathletic.com/1013794/2019...ter-ambitions/
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

That was a great article, free with the app. I like the commitment to all athletic programs. One thing I didn't see is any mention of UC adding a wider array of programs. Many P5 schools have hockey, which might be a great fan draw, rowing, softball, wrestling, and a host of other sports. If the scholarships aren't there, I get it, but we could find a way to broaden the width while maintaining high quality.

Getting to P5 would be great for FB, BB, Baseball, WBB, soccer, track, swim/dive, etc... I think we need to offer something more than we have today, such as softball, hockey, men/womens rowing , and wrestling in that order to satisfy Title 9.

Edit: if we already have those sports or club teams, I apologize for not being aware.
    Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 06-24-2019, 05:55 PM.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

We do have some of those as club teams. Hockey is a club team. Rowing is a club team and they've been very good in the past. When I was in school the even had a house a la Fraternity or Sorority.

From a Title IX prospective, Crew takes care of itself. If you add Hockey as a scholarship sport you have to add Women's softball to balance it out. As ar as I know we've never had club wrestling so that pone's probably a non starter.

There are some really good HS fast pitch softball teams in the Cincy area. I've never understood why we don't have this sport to be honest.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        We do have some of those as club teams. Hockey is a club team. Rowing is a club team and they've been very good in the past. When I was in school the even had a house a la Fraternity or Sorority.

From a Title IX prospective, Crew takes care of itself. If you add Hockey as a scholarship sport you have to add Women's softball to balance it out. As ar as I know we've never had club wrestling so that pone's probably a non starter.

There are some really good HS fast pitch softball teams in the Cincy area. I've never understood why we don't have this sport to be honest.
        Where would they put the stadium? There isn't any room left on campus, unless they tore up the campus green.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X