Beverly Davenport out as UT Chancellor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverly Davenport out as UT Chancellor

Former interim UC President Beverly Davenport is out as Chancellor at the University of Tennessee after only 14 months. As one who greatly feared she would get the fulltime UC gig, this verifies my radar functioned properly when assessing her "skills" while at UC.

​She is being reassigned at 3/4 her salary as a faculty member in their college of communications and information.

​UT will survive her short tenure, but they definitely need to improve their talent assessment going forward (her, Jones, Currie, almost Schiano, and the whole basketball mess until this past season).
    Last edited by Lobot; 05-03-2018, 08:58 AM.

The UT system President Joseph DiPietro pretty much destroyed her in her termination letter. I have no idea what really happened here but my first thought was Jimmy Haslam wanted her gone or the old boys network got her. Then I read the letter and holy $%^# did this guy trash her. I'm not sure I've ever seen a termination letter quite this bad for someone at her level in an organization. It's almost surreal.

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/lo...e/51-548109954
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X