Volleyball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volleyball

I can't find any info on Jordan Thompson. A friend saw her over a month ago at a match in KY on the sideline with her arm wrapped. He said it looked serious. She has not played when I checked the box scores and was wondering if she is injured and out for the year. Their record would be very different if she was playing.

I know she's injured but I'm not sure what the injury is becuase I don't believe the university has ever said anything about it for privacy reasons. I think it happened during the USA Volleyball tour in Asia that she was on but I could be wrong. And you're correct, she hasn't played all year.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Thanks for the info. Can she redshirt? She is an elite player and a joy to watch

Comment

I guess the privacy issue is right, but it was weird that the VB articles kept mentioning her in the "Lots Returning" section of the match previews as late as September 13 but then never mentioned anything about her afterwards.

I'm sure she could take a medical RS if she wants it, but the VB players are generally in the upper ranks of GPA in the Athletic Dept., so unless she's going for a Master Degree I'm not sure that she'd use it.

Whatever, I wish her well (and wellness), and as always, Go Cats!

Comment

The VB team tweeted out a picture of some of the team in the weight room getting ready for 2018. Jordan is in the picture so I think you can infer she's ready to go for next year.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Found her! She was named Preseason conference player of the year today by the AAC.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              I know she's injured but I'm not sure what the injury is because I don't believe the university has ever said anything about it for privacy reasons. I think it happened during the USA Volleyball tour in Asia that she was on but I could be wrong. And you're correct, she hasn't played all year.
              HC Molly Alvey was on the Fickell radio show last night and said Jordan was out last year because of Tommy John surgery. Fickell and she got into a funny back and forth about her using Jordan too much versus HCF using Michael Warren as much as he has.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing a Volleyball match in the new arena this winter. Jordan Thompson is the real deal and is a treat to see play. (one of the best in the country) There also seems to be young talent on this team. Hope they can make a decent run in the NCAA tourney.

Comment

The women presently are 7-2, with all 9 matches so far on the road. The best win was 3-1 over then #25 CO State at Ft. Collins. They lost in late August to Miami up in Oxford and this past weekend at Duke.

They play their first "home" games this weekend at St. Ursula (EKU, IU & XU).

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Burk View Post
                    Looking forward to seeing a Volleyball match in the new arena this winter. Jordan Thompson is the real deal and is a treat to see play. (one of the best in the country) There also seems to be young talent on this team. Hope they can make a decent run in the NCAA tourney.
                    I know we're all excited about the new Shoe, but go see them while they're at St. Ursula. The floor is amazing and you'll be as up-close to the action as you'll ever be. And the parking's better.

Comment

I hope they don't have permanent volleyball lines on the new arena floor - those look like crap. My daughter played college VB and I love it but I hope the new arena is dedicated to basketball and not multi purpose.

Comment

VB team is looking very good this year if you haven't seen them yet, I would suggest it. If for no other reason than to see Jordan Thompson. AAC career leader in Kills after 3 years and has held down AAC player of the week honors 5 weeks in a row so far. I'm guessing she's a future Olympian for Team USA.

Also she got married in the off season to Blake Yager of the football team for anyone who wasn't already aware of that.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The UC volleyball team was selected for the NCAA tourney and will play Illinois State this Friday. Good luck to the women!

Comment

Link for the live stream of the NCAA VB tournament game today at 5:30

https://gomarquette.com/watch/?Live=42&type=Live
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

So far the stream is blank.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse