No announcement yet.

The Death of Cable via Hulu etc.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I caught the Utah State vs Idaho State last night on Facebook Live TV (an app on my smart tv). The stream quality was faaarr superior to ESPN3 and never had a glitch or lag to it. It was broadcast in HD which was nice. They had some issues that they could clean up, but it wasn't bad for what it was. The bubbled comments were tracing over the score box, which was annoying. They also had sound level issues where the stadium sound was drowning out the announcers. I can see this being a better option than anything ESPN3 has put out so far. I wouldn't have to restart the feed 15 times and miss scoring plays.

Comment

Hulu has now added the ability to stream live sports to Mac and PC
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

0Queston for cord cutters. Other than Youtube TV do any of the services allow for later viewing (DVR) for sports? Hulu will let you continue to watch something you started but I'm not sure if it will allow you to watch archived video. Specifically looking at FoxSportsGo and FS1. I might have a schedule conflict with the Xavier game.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Major shakeup for sports today. Disney (ESPN) has bought 21st Century Fox's assets. While this move does NOT include FOX Sports, FS1 and 2, FOX News or BTN, it does include the regional sports network properties such as FS Ohio and FS Southwest. DIsney is saying these Regional Sports networks will complement ESPN's current setup and not overlap with anything they own.

In addition to I saw yesterday where AppleTV's TV app now has ESPN available. I have not seen a cost associated with this but that would be a big move for anyone that hasn't decided on which streaming box to purchase yet. In my instance, I have the Live TV package from Hulu. If Apple undercuts them on price I may ditch Hulu or go with ta smaller package from them.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Played with the Apple TV update last night and it still requires a subscription to something whether it be Cable or streaming service. It's not an independent stream. It just moves sports into a category under the TV app and shows in the guide.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

ESPN is launching it's own streaming service plus an option called ESPN plus for 4.99/month
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

CBS has launched CBS Sports HQ which is a 24 hour streaming channel. It's availble on the web, Roku , AppleTV and Amazon Fire TV and mobile devices.

https://www.cbssports.com/live/

How much is it? Free!
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

ESPN+ streaming network is now available through the ESPN app on IOS. still pending for Android and other platforms.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Something to watch on this front is What Diney decides to with ESPN+, the new streaming offering. Looking at it now, it's 4.99/month and gets you Pro Soccer, Rugby and a lot of college sports that might air on ESPNU, plus replays of things that aired on SEC and Longhorn network and the 30 for 30 series.

There's really nothing stopping them from tossing all the ESPN3 football games over there to sell the streaming option. I've been on Hulu since they went to Live TV last year and there doesn't appear to be a way to add ESPN+ through other cord cutting options at this time. Look like it's stand alone thing through an ESPN Subscription.

I think cordcutters should be prepared to shell out $5 a month during football season becuase if ESPN has any sense, they'll move college football to ESPN+ to drive subscriptions.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X