Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elliott to serve as Asst on USA WBB National team.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elliott to serve as Asst on USA WBB National team.

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/w-b...052416aab.html

It should probably be noted that Geno Auriemma is the head coach of the WNT. Elliott played and coached under Auriemma at UConn.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Wow! What an honor!
    Former KMart Ball Boy

Comment

Good news. I hope reconnecting with him helps her and our team.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
        http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/w-b...052416aab.html

It should probably be noted that Geno Auriemma is the head coach of the WNT. Elliott played and coached under Auriemma at UConn.

Not sure what this means, especially combined with the results of her tenure at UC; is she a good coach, but lousy recruiter; a good assistant coach only; not much of anything "coachwise" but a good friend of the best women's coach/recruiter in the history of the game?

Comment

I wasn't a shot at her if that's what you're asking. I wonder about some of those questions myself Richard. Maybe she is a good coach and the well was dry when she got here and it's just taking longer than everybody thought it would.

Either way, this can't hurt the WBB program. Even if Geno is throwing her a professional bone here, having that on her resume certainly can't hurt her recruiting.

I know I've been highly critical of her but she's going to be here next year and likely the year after, so let's go.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            I wasn't a shot at her if that's what you're asking. I wonder about some of those questions myself Richard. Maybe she is a good coach and the well was dry when she got here and it's just taking longer than everybody thought it would.

Either way, this can't hurt the WBB program. Even if Geno is throwing her a professional bone here, having that on her resume certainly can't hurt her recruiting.

I know I've been highly critical of her but she's going to be here next year and likely the year after, so let's go.
            Didn't take it as a shot at her - just really curious as to what this means - I agree that it can't hurt her resume, but not sure if it reflects her coaching abilities?

Comment

Richard I think it's part coaching, part professional networking and that Elliott knows the system that Geno runs and she's also a head coach. IMO when you put together these national team coaching staffs you usually select other head coaches for the asst. positions rather than bring your own staff from the school you're at.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Jamelle Elliott Tweeted a picture of herself with her Olympic gold medal yesterday. Congratulations to her.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The Enquirer has done a follow up on this story this morning:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...gold/89349608/
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

She's back as a Court Coach for USA Basketball.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X