Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Koch

Bill Koch Joins GoBEARCATS.com As Columnist
    Today I begin a new adventure in my writing career. After working for either The Cincinnati Post or The Cincinnati Enquirer for the last 34 years, I now work for the University of Cincinnati.

You’ll see my stories here on GoBEARCATS.com on a regular basis. My approach won’t be much different from what it was at the newspapers. I’ll still be looking for interesting stories and reporting as honestly and accurately as I can. I’ll be traveling to away games with the football and men’s basketball teams and reporting from the inside after so many years on the outside.

I feel a renewed energy and sense of enthusiasm as I begin to fill a role that in many ways will feel very familiar and in others will seem a little strange at first. Whether you have read me at The Enquirer during the last 12 years or have never heard of me until now, I hope you’ll like what you read here.
    http://www.gobearcats.com/genrel/012115aab.html

If you read the article, you will find Bill has been a huge Bearcat fan his whole life.
    Last edited by cpawstoney; 01-22-2015, 12:09 PM.

Woohoo, the guy who once tried to equate UC's football program with Penn State (when news of the Jerry Sandusky scandal broke) gets to continue covering UC sports. I'm overjoyed at the news.

Comment

Here is Bill's first contribution. Frankly, I enjoy getting some detail and background on the coaches and players. Something we have been missing the past few years.

Like Cronin, Davis rose through coaching ranks the hard way
      http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-b...012315aab.html

I suspected Mick was in contact with Larry during the games, but this is the first time I've seen it confirmed:
      Davis, 58, is running practices and coaching games in place of Cronin, who has been out since Dec. 20 with a vascular condition called arterial dissection. The two friends consult on a daily basis and Cronin texts suggestions to Davis during games. Cronin does not attend games or practices, but a strong sense of trust exists between them that makes the unorthodox process work.
      Davis:
      "... When you're an assistant, you sit over there and you analyze, but as a head coach it just comes at you and you've got to make decisions quickly. Flipping that switch, that was probably the hardest thing."

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X