Clothing contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothing contract

So rumor has it that an announcement is due shortly that Adidas is out when the contract is up in June. Apparently we're headed for UA. Time will tell but TT has moved his previous 2 schools to UA. Not sure what that means for BB. UA's shoe line is just getting started.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Love em or hate em UA will get your team noticed when they take the field. I see chrome helmets in our future.......

Comment

Adidas is really scrambling right now. UA has bitten into their market share big time. There was a recent article in i recall the nyt or wsj on it. They actually moved some of their operation out of europe to nj to do battle.

Comment

So for someone that has no idea about this stuff how if in anyway can this hurt/help recruiting?

Comment

Originally posted by ME80 View Post
          So for someone that has no idea about this stuff how if in anyway can this hurt/help recruiting?
          That's probably a discussion within itself. For football I think it can help. I'm not so sure about basketball.

More money for the football program equals more Uni combos, helmets, cleats, recruiting budget increase, etc.

More money on the basketball sides equals uniforms, recruiting budget. I think it may stop there. I see UA's shoes as a major step backwards simply because UA is so new to shoes. They released their first line of basketball shoes this past fall. Also, Mick has been tied to Adidas for some time now and I don't think that's he's going to want to change brands. It's possible that you may see UA for football and Adidas for basketball. I think that actually makes the most sense and keeps both coaches happy.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This is looking like a done deal
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              This is looking like a done deal
              https://uniformnation.wordpress.com/...s-adds-2-more/

BCJ tweeted last night about deal going down, would be on verge of being flagship UA school and being richest apparel deal in school history -- then deleted the tweets

Comment

@darrenrovell

U of Cincinnati leaving adidas, signing deal with Under Armour. Will go from getting $1.5M/year in cash & product up to as much as $5M/year.

Comment

That'$ great to see. At least it shows that in spite of our conference realignment woes we still have brand "rep".

Comment

Let's hope we see nothing even remotely like the butt-ugly uniforms Maryland football wears.
                    Keith Wedinger
                    Bearcatnews.com Administrator
                    Twitter: @jkwuc89

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      That's probably a discussion within itself. For football I think it can help. I'm not so sure about basketball.

More money for the football program equals more Uni combos, helmets, cleats, recruiting budget increase, etc.

More money on the basketball sides equals uniforms, recruiting budget. I think it may stop there. I see UA's shoes as a major step backwards simply because UA is so new to shoes. They released their first line of basketball shoes this past fall. Also, Mick has been tied to Adidas for some time now and I don't think that's he's going to want to change brands. It's possible that you may see UA for football and Adidas for basketball. I think that actually makes the most sense and keeps both coaches happy.
                      UA shoes arent a step back, they are a step forward. I have their basketball shoes and they are top quality, a great product. Just because something is "new" doesnt mean its inferior.

All in all, this is a great move for UC. They make millions more on it and get a better brand. Hopefully they completely redesign all of the uniforms. The concept and design has been a complete mess since we move to Adidas from Nike.

Comment

"Up to $5M..."

I am curious to see just how incentive-laden the deal is.

Comment

This talk of changing uniforms just made me think back a couple of years ago when SK and the guys would scrunch up their shoulder sleeves at the FT line because they were too wide lol. Those guys always complained about them. Hopefully UA can provide not only good looking unis, but ones that the players actually like because of the functionality/performance benefits

Comment

Well there go my dreams of "infrared" football jerseys...

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X