Town Halls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Town Halls

Here's random stuff from the town halls that has been tweeted at me tonight. Thanks to Jeff, Stewie, Ed, udonkey, and anyone I missed.

FB home and home with UCLA in the future
    BB home game vs. Michigan in the future
    2 more years at 5/3 then 1 at US Bank during remodel then back on campus in 2017/2018.

MC says Jacob Evans is the best guard he's recruited since UL's Francisco Garcia.

Also, we are apparently very prepared to move to another conference. Which conference was not specified but apparently there's more than one.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Thanks for the update! UCLA FB is huge, as is home BB against Michigan.

On the move to another conference, is that us reaching out or other conferences in talks with UC? I can only guess that the ACC is trying to make another pre-emptive strike.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Let's hope that the ACC is calling. Things that I have been reading is that it may be likely that TX and OK to the SEC and KS to the BIG and the Big12 dissolving. I really hope that the dissolving talks are false because I hate monopolies and the B5 is bad enough without it becoming the B4. If it were truly about football, one would think that it would be the ACC to fold but what does it matter at this point.

Comment

The UT and OU talk has been thrown around before mostly re: the PAC-12. I don't know if this still holds but when people were talking about FSU to the SEC, the hindrance was that in the SEC a school has the right to veto another school from its state which UF would have used on FSU. I would HIGHLY expect TAMU to block UT. That being said let's take this stuff back to the realignment threads.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
          Thanks for the update! UCLA FB is huge, as is home BB against Michigan.

On the move to another conference, is that us reaching out or other conferences in talks with UC? I can only guess that the ACC is trying to make another pre-emptive strike.
          Last night when Bohn had charts up of "peers" facilities and coaches, the charts included the AAC, B12 and ACC . I think the ACC may indeed be preparing a pre-emptive strike. We can only hope.
          RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
          CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Originally posted by RedRocker View Post
            Last night when Bohn had charts up of "peers" facilities and coaches, the charts included the AAC, B12 and ACC . I think the ACC may indeed be preparing a pre-emptive strike. We can only hope.
            Aren't there 15 teams in the ACC including ND? I know ND plays a limited football schedule in conference, but they do play 5, right? So why wouldn't we make the "perfect" 16th school?

Comment

Originally posted by richard k. View Post
              Aren't there 15 teams in the ACC including ND? I know ND plays a limited football schedule in conference, but they do play 5, right? So why wouldn't we make the "perfect" 16th school?
              Agreed. Talked to some VT fans and they are in favor of adding UC to the ACC. They talked about ND joining full-time in FB (yeah, good luck with that). It makes sense to get to 16 in all of the other sports.
              RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
              CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X