Non Revenue Sports Attendance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Revenue Sports Attendance

One of the things that came out of the Town Hall is that there is a need for UCATS and fans in general to attend or start attending non revenue sporting events. This is something that will be considered if a next round of conference shuffling begins.

That means we as a fan base need to start showing up for Womens' Basketball, Baseball, Soccer, Volleyball, Track and field, and Swimming and Diving events plus anything else you can find a way to get to. A lot of these events are $5 per person, which is very reasonable.

If you are a UCATS member your money is essentially going towards supporting these sports anyway, so if you look at it from a business standpoint, you might as well see what your return on investment looks like.

Rallycats has done a good job at getting students to these events. I know some of our board members attend these events or are former participants in these sports. It's time for those of us who can make time, to get out and show support. As with the restructuring of UCATS itself, the numbers are important and perception is everything.
    Last edited by Lobot; 09-14-2014, 11:25 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

If I was still living in Cincy I'd try to make an effort to show up to some of those events. Living in Dayton, can't justify over an hour drive to attend a swim meet.

Comment

I'm sorry but if a big five conference doesn't take UC because people don't show up for a Wednesday women's volleyball game, who the **** cares.

This quasi professional collegiate sports as big business stuff is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by bobestes View Post
        I'm sorry but if a big five conference doesn't take UC because people don't show up for a Wednesday women's volleyball game, who the **** cares.

This quasi professional collegiate sports as big business stuff is insane.
        My sentiments exactly. The P5 appears to be making up the rules as they go. I'm close to the point of saying screw the whole thing.

Comment

It's not collegiate sports any longer. It's a professional sports league that has the benefit of not paying its athletes.

Comment

FYI, UC Baseball season tix were just $25 (correct me if I'm wrong) last year. Not bad if you only can make it to a few games but want to support the entire program. This is something that I've done in the past and will probably do in the future.

I'm actually thinking about giving them as a xmas gift to some of my friends...

Comment

As a UCAT baseball season tickets are $10.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X