UC Only Hurts Themselves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UC Only Hurts Themselves

As a longtime fan of my beloved Bearcats I used to get so frustrated with Media, both local and national, for how little coverage we get.

I have recently been learning over the past few months ITS OUR OWN FAULT. We are one of the hardest colleges in the country for Media outlets to deal with. That means blogs, TV, forums, etc..... The guy at UC who is in charge of UC's Media/Marketing relations has no idea what he is doing and it has been obvious by the lack of information we ever see from any Media outlets.

Here are 2 very Prime examples:

There is one school in all of FBS college football that hasn't posted a media guide for the press to the FWAA (Football Writers Association of America). And SOB if it isn't UC.

Factual numbers: UC chooses to provide access to a site that ranks #1,200,000+ nationally BUT a site that is ranked #129,300, is not given access to UC athletics media

I only hope that Somebody can get this kind of info to ONO who seems to understand the importance of social media and getting your schools name out on as many outlets as you can... Normally schools have to go out and find outlets to post/share their information but no UC is actually denying/turning away national media outlets.

I know understand why so many ESPN bloggers hated working with UC because we are a pain in the *** when it comes to media/marketing aspects.

I've gotten media guides in the past. I would think one of the reasons they have not passed them out is that we do not have a game until 9/12. For what it's worth, i have a hard time thinking we would get a lot more coverage at this point regardless of what we gave out. You have to play games and win. There was not shortage of media in the perfect season of several years ago(unitl 1/1, ha).

Comment

I'm not afraid to tweet this link to Ono. But before I do, I'd like to know where you got these snippets from.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The second one is from one of the moderators running "BCSNN" which is a national site (and the site that is ranked 129,300 in the world), and he has been leaving calls and having meetings with UC's media/marketing guy, I won't use his name here, and they refuse to share any UC media information with him... If you go to the site they are a blog/forum for all the Major conferences & the AAC, and is run by mostly all UC guys so they are all pro-UC but all the other College schools are easy to work with UL, Ohio State, Xavier, USF on and on are all more than happy to share media information with the BCSNN site but only UC says no and doesn't share anything. And it hasn't been from lack of trying, per his statement. The first fact I shared can be googled. If you want I can get the guy to come here and send you a post, I know you seem to have some inside connections around UC and this guy seems to act like he knows a lot too but hasn't been able to catch Ono's ear and he isn't sure if she should try to go above the Media guys head. Let me know if you would be willing to help.
        Last edited by 98bearcat; 09-05-2014, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Here is some more information from him:

Media Guides are posted on CollegePressBox.com and/or through the official athletics site. FWAA (Football Writers Association of America) members almost all use CollegePressBox.com for our media guides. UC has not posted theirs, nor is it on the official UC site. In fact, UC only has 2013 info posted. If you want to request media credentials, they only have a form for 2012 (Big East) <-- not a joke.

Alexa rankings:

BCSNN - http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bcsnn.com#trafficstats

Down the Drive - http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/downth...m#trafficstats

Comment

FYI, the UC Football Media Guide was finally posted and can be found at http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...4_fb_guide.pdf

Comment

Thanks for posting. I printed the thing. It's 138 pages of info with a only couple of separator pages. No ads. Go buy a ream of paper first.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X