OT - Worst Universities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - Worst Universities

Not sure how UC ended up at number 35 on this list but it is from a rag magazine so I do not put much stock in it.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/26/th...vD=1248,389539

I think that I must have forgotten the link (or the moderators deleted it). This post can be deleted if it is deemed to be casting negative attention to our great school. I for one believe that UC is a really good college and wanted others to confirm this.
    Last edited by bearcatbret; 08-28-2014, 08:54 AM. Reason: It looks like the link was not attached.

If that rag thinks we are among the worst we must be doing something right. Trash.

Comment

The editor in chief is Tucker Carlson. Wikipedia lists the newspaper as "the conservative answer to the Huffington Post"

I'll be honest I'd never heard of this paper/site before today. I'm guessing somebody on here has and can shed more light on their journalistic integrity. The article and chart within look pretty subjective to me.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

^Brent: Or they are using outdated information and looking at the 1970's/80's. If they genuinely look at the improved academics under NZ, the change in athletic facilities/coaches, and the much improved campus area, they would come to a much different conclusion. My wife and I have a "date night" once a month for dinner and we have been going to Clifton for the past year to check out the new establishments. HWY 55 has been one of my favorites with the jukebox music and the good sandwiches.

Comment

The fact that one of the factors in ranking schools is 'attractiveness' of the students is the first clue that the list is BS. The second clue is that they mention that since engineering and science based studies are hard, therefore cause students to feel more stressed (or however they put it) and that schools were ranked lower because of 'unhappy students'.

Comment

It doesn't help matters when the title of the thread is "Worse Universities". I believe that should be "Worst Universities", should it not?

Comment

Yes it should be and I'm going to fix that but I think I'll only keep comments open til the weekend on this one. I'm thinking it's counterproductive to discuss this much more.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

^Then just delete it because I do not want trolls finding this and using it against us. I just wanted to find out what other Bearcats thought of this bogus report. I enjoyed my years in Clifton and I still enjoy going there. There are similar reports out there about the biggest party schools which typically are in isolated college towns, the ugliest campuses which are typically very urban schools, and other categories. They all are very subjective. Interesting that Syracuse was the number one party school this year yanking it away from Miami and Ohio.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X