X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT, WVU Board

Many WVU fans calling for a new coach.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=159&f=2509&t=12751063

lol at some WVU fans. Just take a look at their board and you can see how delusional some of them are. One guy wants the women's coach to take over for the men.
    Almost reminds me of certain UK fans. If they go 3 years without winning a championship, then its time to get rid of Cal.
    Last edited by CincyEngGrad02; 03-21-2014, 11:52 AM.
    Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

What is happening to Huggins is what I fear would happen to us, should we be invited to the BIG12 (or whatever). I'm guessing his recruiting base has fallen way off since the move to the BIG12.

Many of our recruits come from the East:
      Caupain - VA
      Gyun - KY
      Jackson - FL
      Johnson - Cincinnati
      Kilpatrick - NY
      Lawrence - NY
      Thomas - NJ
      Strcikland (NC)

Only Rubbles (TX) hails from west of the Misssissippi.

Would Cronin ba able to recruit these guys to play teams in Texas and Oklahoma? I think his job would get much more difficult and I'm guessing this is what Huggins has discovered.

Comment

Personally, i would prefer Belien to Huggins.

Comment

I don't think just because WVU is not doing well we won't. Have you seen Huggs lately. I saw him coach in the big 12 tourney a couple weeks ago. He looked old and tired. They scored 14 points in the first half and he didn't even yell. He may have been to disgusted but it really looked like he was just exhausted instead. He didn't seem to have an answer in the second half either. We played well in the BEast and yes Mick has a great pipeline in NJ but Mick can find assistants with links plus he was and is very involved hooked up in the AAU circuit.
          Bleed red and black and everything else will take care of itself!

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post
            What is happening to Huggins is what I fear would happen to us, should we be invited to the BIG12 (or whatever). I'm guessing his recruiting base has fallen way off since the move to the BIG12.

Many of our recruits come from the East:
            Caupain - VA
            Gyun - KY
            Jackson - FL
            Johnson - Cincinnati
            Kilpatrick - NY
            Lawrence - NY
            Thomas - NJ
            Strcikland (NC)

Only Rubbles (TX) hails from west of the Misssissippi.

Would Cronin ba able to recruit these guys to play teams in Texas and Oklahoma? I think his job would get much more difficult and I'm guessing this is what Huggins has discovered.
            I agree Cpaw. Look at TCU, no bowl game, losing record in league and 0-18 in Big 12 basketball, Utah, no bowl game, no NCAA tourney, WVU no bowl game no NCAA tourney. I guess we should be careful what we wish for when it comes to joining a new league.

Comment

We have to

If we get invited to the Big12 we have to accept. In football this conference will kill all progress that was made by being in a BCS conference. We will go back to the horrible Conference USA days.

The AAC will hurt our basketball program but probably not destroy it since programs can survive in weaker conferences and we still have Memphis, Uconn and hopefully Temple gets their stuff together. I think SMU will drop once Brown leaves. Maybe Houston or Tulsa under Danny Manning can rise.

Comment

Originally posted by vince8290 View Post
                I agree Cpaw. Look at TCU, no bowl game, losing record in league and 0-18 in Big 12 basketball, Utah, no bowl game, no NCAA tourney, WVU no bowl game no NCAA tourney. I guess we should be careful what we wish for when it comes to joining a new league.
                By this reasoning we should never have joined the big east. Why assume that we will be just like others? TCU was horrible in basketball before they joined the big 12. In football they played a weak schedule but managed to win bowl games.

Although Cincy is not a huge metropolis it is a lot eaiwr to recruit kids to Cincy than to Morgantown in the middle of nowhere and in a state that is not exactly known for it's forward thinking. Huggs was in a similar situation at K-state where he was lucky to have been out of hoops for a year so he could recruit his players before getting out. It was a well known fact that it wasn't just an alma mater reason for leaving - he knew it would be hard to recruit to Manhatten, Kansas and at least thought it would be better in WVU.

I just don't get the methodology here. That's ill being offered a big promotion and raise but turning it down because you are afraid you can't do the job.

For every TCU or WVU there are others who are doing well. Mizzou and Texas A & M for instance or Nebraska doing much better in bball and holding there own in Football, etc.
                Bleed red and black and everything else will take care of itself!

Comment

I agree. We must accept the Big12 if invited. I would prefer the ACC but I think that is very unlikely. You have to have the confidence to take on a bigger challenge. If the pilgrims didn't think big we would still be huddled around plymouth rock.

Comment

To get back to the original thrust of this thread the wv faithful will not likely be happy eron harris transferring to be closer to indy. 17 pts per game, big hit for Hugg's offense. A lot of transfers in the past couple years. Not good.

Comment

terry henderson transferring as of today, 11 pts per game. 12 of 16 huggs recruits left in past 3 years. wow. wow, wow. wow, wow, wow. maybe robert whaley is still available?

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                        terry henderson transferring as of today, 11 pts per game. 12 of 16 huggs recruits left in past 3 years. wow. wow, wow. wow, wow, wow. maybe robert whaley is still available?
                        This is why I was never excited about U.C. getting an invite to the B12 (or whatever it now is). I would think it very difficult to convince kid to come play in Morgantown (or Cincinnati) with the prospect of playing the majority of their away games in Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas. It would appeal to kids from those states, but most of them would propagate to the teams already established in those states.

Comment

the kid from holmes james bolden committed to wv today. it takes a certain type to hang with huggs. however, still a while before he gets there. a lot can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post
                            This is why I was never excited about U.C. getting an invite to the B12 (or whatever it now is). I would think it very difficult to convince kid to come play in Morgantown (or Cincinnati) with the prospect of playing the majority of their away games in Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas. It would appeal to kids from those states, but most of them would propagate to the teams already established in those states.
                            WVU had a terrific FB program with history and rabid fan support support. They have had winners in BB too. Their struggles in the Big12 are coinciding with both a downturn (I think temporary) in WVU talent/play and an upswing in some FB programs in the Big 12 (Baylor, Ok State).

We do not have the same downswing in either FB or BB. I'm not going to say the Bearcats would be world-beaters in what is probably the best athletic conference top-to-bottom in all sports, with FB competing with SEC and BB surpassing the ACC. However, I do believe that UC can be competitive in the Big 12. Shying away from the big boys is not something I would suggest. Our programs will rise to any test and the money would be too good. post-season play (at least FB) would not be guaranteed every year, but earning it would be that much sweeter by playing a higher level of competition.
                            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

I see they are talking about Justin Martin becoming a possible transfer for them. Could be a decent pickup.
                              Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X