Mike Denbrock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Denbrock

Mike Denbrock was selected as a finalist for the Broyles Award which goes to the top Assistant Coach in the country.

I’m just going to assume there will be some comments on this.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I’m sure it was his reputation from last year‘s clock management at Central Florida and at the Peach Bowl that put him on the judges' radar!
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

BC, I believe what put him over the top was the 1st and goal vs.Tulsa that would have clinched the game yet we came away with a goose egg.

Comment

There are so many examples I can't even remember.

Comment

Denbrock drives us crazy with his play calling sometimes but he’s won a whole bunch of games here.

I think every fan base on the planet hates their OC because he didn’t call what fans thought was the correct play in any given down. We’re in all in the mode of Fickell walks on water and as a result, Denbrock and Tressel become easy scapegoats.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I am honestly on the fence on this....is it because of or in spite of MD? Does he have more talent than he needs or less? And I will include Ridder in that. I can not say who is holding who back.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              Denbrock drives us crazy with his play calling sometimes but he’s won a whole bunch of games here.

I think every fan base on the planet hates their OC because he didn’t call what fans thought was the correct play in any given down. We’re in all in the mode of Fickell walks on water and as a result, Denbrock and Tressel become easy scapegoats.
              Amen & Amen. The Cats have the #9 scoring offense in the country (SMU are #6). They also are #6 in scoring defense (SMU somewhere lower than the Top 50). Talent has a lot to do with that, but poor coordinators would mess up the results. We can cherry-pick certain plays, but overall, this team is well coached in all three phases.

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post

Amen & Amen. The Cats have the #9 scoring offense in the country (SMU are #6). They also are #6 in scoring defense (SMU somewhere lower than the Top 50). Talent has a lot to do with that, but poor coordinators would mess up the results. We can cherry-pick certain plays, but overall, this team is well coached in all three phases.
                And does anyone believe that there are no discussions both before and after the games between the head coach and his coordinators about what will and did happen - and WHY?

Comment

Denbrock in the final 15
                  https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/sta...22731038765058

Comment

Denbrock did not make the final group
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Reports are flying that Denbrock is headed to LSU as OC. Haven’t seen a lot of confirmation yet or s timetable on when.

time for Gino.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Appears Footballscoop.com was first with this and it will be after the season is over.

https://footballscoop.com/news/brian...l-coordinators
                        Last edited by Lobot; 12-18-2021, 10:17 PM.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                          Reports are flying that Denbrock is headed to LSU as OC. Haven’t seen a lot of confirmation yet or s timetable on when.

time for Gino.
                          As long as Gino is still heavily involved in the QB room. Need him to bring along Prater. Who would be the next candidate to lead "Tight End U"?

Comment

At the bottom of this article, there's a paragraph regarding Denbrock and the report from Football Scoop. He is not discussing anything with anyone until the end of the season. No deal has been reached here. ($)

https://theathletic.com/3028347/2021...high-standard/
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Denbrock to LSU and I say good. We need a change. Whatever bright ideas he had against bama didn’t work.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X