Kickers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kickers

In case you were wondering about the kicking siutation yesterday, Cole Smith has an undisclosed injury and was not dressed for the game yesterday. Can't say I really know anymore than anyone else at this point in that regard.

I think the important part is that despite the fact that Lowery and Bales made all their kicks yesterday, we got somewhat lucky consdiering neither had kicked a FG in a game situation since high school. Both of the field goals were pretty ugly looking but they all count when they go between the uprights I guess. Even if Cole returns soon, we have a kicking issue to address. I'm not completely confident in any of the kickers right now.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

After the first field goal all the other kicks were better than Cole. They all were right in the middle and good height and distace. I will keep the new guy.

Comment

Bales was All-State from Indiana, and was ranked the 9th best HS PK in the USA. Cole did his best, but I think his time has come and gone. Bales is also a punter.

Had Cole hit a couple of those missed FG's at Notre Dame, the win would have been much more convincing.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

I just watched the highlights of both kicks again. I think I was being too critical. It's not as bad as I made it out to be. Lowery's was better than it appeared on first watch. It just hugged the upright a little. Bales has a huge leg. That kick might have been good from 60. I thought it was a knuckleball or a tipped kick during the game but it's not. it's just a low kick that made it over the line. Either I need my eyes checked or the camera resolution at that game was awful and it's probably both.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X