Navy 10/23 12:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navy 10/23 12:00 ESPN2

Navy is not having a great season in the least. They are a paltry 1-5 coming into this game. Oddly enough the win is over UCF. That said Navy is never fun to play expecially in Annapolis. I frankly just want to get this one over with and get everyone on the defense out healthy. Navy is notorious for cut blocking which tends to injure knee ligaments.

Due to the nature of the triple option, it would not surprise me if we put an extra linebacker out there for this game. The passing game is always funny with Navy because it's always a surprise when they finally throw it. We're going to have to pay attention to who is in the game at QB. They've thrown the ball with 3 different QBs and run a fullback pass twice this year. They also have two passing TDs this season so the secondary can't get sucked up inside on the goal line. When they do throw the ball it's usually to Mychal Cooper. he has 1/3 of the total receptions for the season.

UC's offensive line needs to get to the second level and block Diego Fagot. He's got 54 total tackles on the season and he's probably a pro prospect. As I said with some other opponents this year, it's never good when no one on the D Line is making tackles and outside of J'Arius Warren, that appears to be the case with Navy.

Navy's had a little drama this season as the AD fired the long time OC in season and Coach Ken then strangely rehired him in a reduced role a couple days later. They've also had a an offensive assistant resign because he would not get vaccinated.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...tats/_/id/2426
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Given the nature of their offense I feel like Navy is a team you want to score on 1st rather than play defense first. Make them have to do something on offense.
    Josh Rexhausen
    CE'99

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Rexhausen View Post
      Given the nature of their offense I feel like Navy is a team you want to score on 1st rather than play defense first. Make them have to do something on offense.
      Definitely. They don't come from behind well and if they get a lead they will slowly kill you with time of possession. You have to get off the field on defense and kinda hope your offense doesn't score too quickly so the D can rest a bit. If you can force Navy to speed up, they commit turnovers.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

PxP: Dave Fleming
        Color: Rod Gilmore
        Sideline: Stormy Buonantony
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

If you get a chance to go to the game, you should take it. I went a few years ago to Annapolis (Navy won easily), and it was great. The stadium is about 3/4 mile away from the campus. The Naval Academy and city are beautiful. Not quite as exciting as Notre Dame, but well worth the trip.

B.C.
          Last edited by Bearcat Chris; 10-20-2021, 07:02 AM.
          "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Planning on going, any suggestions on getting tickets?

Comment

If you're unable to obtain them through UC's ticket office in the visitors section, try this:

https://navysports.evenue.net/cgi-bi...siteId=ev_navy
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Thanks, was still able to get them through the UC ticket office. I thought since it was the week of the game they wouldn’t be available anymore. What a great year, Experiencing games at Notre Dame and at the Naval Academy !

Comment

Any info on pregame tailgating or gathering spot for UC fans would be appreciated!

Comment

Little article on the defnese from Justin WIlliams coming into assigment football weekend. ($)

https://theathletic.com/2905664/2021...lege-football/
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Better make some adjustments fast here - draining the Cats' defense early and up 7-0. I'll never understand how you can't plan defensively for a run/option only offense. Of all people I figured Fickell could - right now this 1-5 team is beating down the #2 team in the country. Better figure it out quick fellas.

Comment

The triple option is going to be a huge headache today

Comment

Man, I think that top 4 ranking is in serious jeopardy already, unless something miraculous happens in the 2nd half, which I don't put past this team, but, not looking good.

Comment

Well, for what it's worth, OU and Michigan are both struggling at halftime as well to bad teams. Nice end of half turnaround there, just need to find a way to win this game by 3 scores or more, but the defense has to start bringing the wood, too much talent to be letting this team do this to them, quirky offense or not. They're 1-5.

Comment

Why aren’t our DBs playing press coverage? Their WRs are not a threat. By playing so far off the ball, they are automatically giving Navy 4-6 yards on every play.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X