Central Florida 10/16 12:00 ABC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Florida 10/16 12:00 ABC

UCF's wheels have fallen off in 2021. Whether that's the Gus Bus' fault or just bad injury luck reamins to be seen. They struggles against ECU at home and it was not pretty.

Starting QB Dillon Gabriel and RB Isaiah Bowser are out. I doubt either will be available for Saturday. So you've got Mikey Keene at QB and Johnny RIchardson at RB. Ever heard of 'em? Nope, me neither.

On defense you have to block up Bryson Armstrong as he's the leading tackler, the second leading tackler is Quadric Bullard at DB. 5th leading tackler Eriq Gilyard has hit the portal.

I don't think this team has the speed or experience of past UCF squads and add in a coaching change and it's an adjustment year for the Knights. This does not mean we need to get caught slacking in a noon game or let off the gas because they can still score some points. ESPN give us a close to 90% chance to win.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...tats/_/id/2116

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Everything is cyclical. Just 10 years ago, USF was ranked #2 for several weeks, now they are one of the worst teams in the AAC.

B.C.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
      Everything is cyclical. Just 10 years ago, USF was ranked #2 for several weeks, now they are one of the worst teams in the AAC.

B.C.
      I think you mean UCF

Comment

B.C., I think part of this is the turnover of coaches at our level of football. It is tough to maintain momentum when you lose your coach every 3 years. Just look at the success that UC had in 2008 and 2009. Then the dumpster fire that was Tommy T.

Comment

Oldtimer, B.C. was correct. USF had a string of two stud QBs and they were highly ranked. UC upset them in Tampa with a substitute QB that ran about 60 yards for a touch down on his 2nd or third play. That was Zach C. Cincinnati QB Zach Collaros 75 Yard Touchdown Run vs. South Florida! - YouTube
          Superstar - Zach Collaros announces himself to the world - UC/Uconn 09' - YouTube
          Cincinnati at Pittsburgh for Big East Title - YouTube
          Last edited by bearcatbret; 10-10-2021, 10:35 PM.

Comment

It was 2007, and they were just behind Ohio State.....

------

USF debuted at No. 2 in the initial Bowl Championship Series Rankings released on Sunday afternoon.

It is the first ever BCS ranking in a season of firsts for the Bulls, but more importantly it places USF as a major player in the national championship picture. The No. 1 and No. 2 teams in the BCS rankings at the end of the regular season will play in the BCS National Championship Game on Jan. 7, 2008 in New Orleans, La.

If the Bulls hold ground, they would be heading to the Superdome for the title game in just their 11th year of college football competition.

USF trails No. 1 Ohio State by 22 percentage points and leads No. 3 Boston college by 29 percentage points.

B.C

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

What's the deal with the whole "Central Florida" thing that I've seen on Twitter over the last few years and now the title of this thread. I imagine that UCF -- while literally Central Florida -- officially goes by "UCF" and therefore some fans probably got annoyed at being called "Central Florida" - hence, trolling of them...or is it something else?

Comment

They go by UCF. For me it was a combination of trolling and the board software not liking initials in thread titles. If I name the thread with UCF it makes the thread title "ucf 10/16 12:00 abc" in lowercase. It's been doing that for years and I've yet to figure out a good way around it. Somebody who coded this thing decided if it wasn't a dictionary word it shouldn't be capitalized.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The folks at that school up north (well north of Cincy) aren't too happy with Oh State or even Ohio State - Columbus Branch. Cent Fla works for me.
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                    Oldtimer, B.C. was correct. USF had a string of two stud QBs and they were highly ranked. UC upset them in Tampa with a substitute QB that ran about 60 yards for a touch down on his 2nd or third play. That was Zach C. Cincinnati QB Zach Collaros 75 Yard Touchdown Run vs. South Florida! - YouTube
                    Superstar - Zach Collaros announces himself to the world - UC/Uconn 09' - YouTube
                    Cincinnati at Pittsburgh for Big East Title - YouTube
                    I stand corrected. Thanks.

Comment

The 2021 National Championship Trophy will be on UC's sideline against UCF. National Championship Trophy will be at Cincinnati-UCF game (wlwt.com)

Comment

Sold out, fans encouraged to wear RED

Comment

Just realized as I was sending tickets to someone that the tickets themselves have "Central Florida" on them.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

If anyone has 1 extra ticket please message me. The fees on the 2nd hand sites are pretty steep. Bringing the young kids with us this time

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                              If anyone has 1 extra ticket please message me. The fees on the 2nd hand sites are pretty steep. Bringing the young kids with us this time
                              I remember sneaking into Reds games around age 8-9 sitting on my dad's shoulders. I guess UC would frown on this?
                              Josh Rexhausen
                              CE'99

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X