No announcement yet.

Central Florida 10/16 12:00 ABC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris Vannini: Cincinnati confirms WR Jadon Thompson is out. Got hurt against Temple last week and was on crutches.

Comment

Cats are just going to wear UCF's defense out early. I guess I didn't realize UCF was 3-2, but with their injuries, they look like a D-II team out there.

Comment

Just a heads-up regarding Gus Malzahn's daughter. She gave birth ealier this week but had to be readmitted today because of complications. She is stable. Malzahn took a private flight to Birmingham after the game.

Comment

Never could have predicted that kind of blowout. Run game was solid. Ford is a beast! Defense came up big a number of times and will keep us in many games. Looked a little under motivated in second half but all in all a W that we can be proud of.

Comment

My thoughts: 1- didn't miss a single PAT. 2- Punting was okay but not much air under them. 3- UCF punter might just be the best player on their team long and high. 4- Our kick offs were good. 5- special teams were good. 6- Our offences layed eggs from the last possession of the first half through most of the second half. The defense wore out and I think it was because of the lack of offense. Great win and stay motivated.

Comment

Very late in the first half, UCF had 1 rushing yard and 28 passing yards. Totally dominant performance.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                The defense wore out and I think it was because of the lack of offense.
                I wouldn’t say the D wore out...it’s just that second string guys got in and made mistakes. Most of the second half was the second team D...definitely the last two scores. Dingle (backup safety) got burned deep and got called for targeting, which lead to an easy UCF TD. And the last score was all second teamers and we had two bad interference calls.

Comment

Game highlights here

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

I wouldn’t say the D wore out...it’s just that second string guys got in and made mistakes. Most of the second half was the second team D...definitely the last two scores. Dingle (backup safety) got burned deep and got called for targeting, which lead to an easy UCF TD. And the last score was all second teamers and we had two bad interference calls.
                    I was wondering how long the second teamers were out on defense. They do need game experience and glad they got it. They are our future.

Comment

I think it was Keith Jenkins at the Enquirer that first pointed this out but this is first back to back 50 pt offensive outputs that UC has ever had as a program in its' history
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                        I think it was Keith Jenkins at the Enquirer that first pointed this out but this is first back to back 50 pt offensive outputs that UC has ever had as a program in its' history

that's somewhat surprising, I remember a lot of high scoring games in the BK days. Guess they weren't back to back

Comment

Great game. My only concern was the ultra conservative play calling in the 3rd quarter. Score wise, not an issue at the time; however, the inability to move the ball gave UCF's defense a shot in the arm of increased confidence. So much so they blitzed Ridder two times in a row, blindsiding and clobbering him. The 2nd time he looked like he gained an injury to his back and sat with a back pad. I thought those two consecutive coached called plays could have ruined the rest of the season for Ridder and the team. Has anyone heard how he is doing? Back injuries can easy become chronic.

Comment

Does anyone have a link to UCF\UC highlights? Specifically looking for the tackle that Sauce Gardner had in the 3rd quarter (if I remember correctly). Every video I have currently found doesnt have it.

Comment

Originally posted by made_hand View Post
                              Does anyone have a link to UCF\UC highlights? Specifically looking for the tackle that Sauce Gardner had in the 3rd quarter (if I remember correctly). Every video I have currently found doesnt have it.
                              Here is a full game link on YouTube. Found it play starts at at 1:12:55

Last edited by Josh Rexhausen; 10-18-2021, 06:54 PM.
                              Josh Rexhausen
                              CE'99

Comment

Originally posted by made_hand View Post
                                Couldn't find it but check out Cook. https://twitter.com/i/status/1450488587678408707

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X