Week 6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
    UC will move to 4th. Georgia will be #1, Iowa #2, Alabama #3, and UC #4.

B.C.
    Not saying you're wrong, but that would be garbage. All that "these are the best two teams in the country and then there is a chasm and then they rest of college football" talk. If it were true then Bama wins by 21 or more last night. That loss is immediate expulsion from the top 10. It would be for any other non SEC school.
    Last edited by Josh Rexhausen; 10-10-2021, 09:48 AM. Reason: Autocorrect changed Bama to Obama.
    Josh Rexhausen
    CE'99

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
      UC will move to 4th. Georgia will be #1, Iowa #2, Alabama #3, and UC #4.

B.C.
      I've been listening to a lot of people picking their top teams and the most infuriating thing they do is give an argument for why one team should be better then another but then change arguments when it comes to the next team. If you're going to argue that Alabama can't fall that far because they're tough schedule I don't understand how Iowa who was unranked at the beginning of the season can possibly be up at the top. I'm sick of hearing Cincinnati wouldn't be 6-0 with the schedule of Oklahoma. The fact is we don't know, we can take a guess but Cincinnati has at least a pretty good defense and a pretty good offense.
      Josh Rexhausen
      CE'99

Comment

#3 in the AP and #4 in the Coaches Poll so far. So if they just win out, and handle their schedule convincingly, how can you move them out of the top 4 (if the CFP puts them there)?

Comment

Last year, they kept winning and teams continued to leap frog them. Even two loss teams jumped ahead of them. It is all about the pretty boys and UC is not part of that fraternity. However, this year seems to be different because the press is giving UC some loving. Even good ole Herb says that they should be in if UC wins out. Herb seldom says anything positive about UC.

Comment

That last second improbable loss to Georgia is playing a big factor in our ranking. There's no doubt about it. The interesting thing is I believe Georgia, Oklahoma and Iowa will all likely lose by the end of the year which is going to make the polls very, very interesting if we can run the table.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
              Last year, they kept winning and teams continued to leap frog them. Even two loss teams jumped ahead of them. It is all about the pretty boys and UC is not part of that fraternity. However, this year seems to be different because the press is giving UC some loving. Even good ole Herb says that they should be in if UC wins out. Herb seldom says anything positive about UC.
              I think once you're in that top 4, you pretty much stay there as long as the team controls its own destiny. Problem is they have to pretty much destroy everyone on their schedule except for maybe SMU from here on out, which is never easy for anybody. A couple of ugly wins or close ones against bad teams and that could be it, but, there's a real chance they can get in to this thing and it's crazier every week.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliftonite View Post

I think once you're in that top 4, you pretty much stay there as long as the team controls its own destiny. Problem is they have to pretty much destroy everyone on their schedule except for maybe SMU from here on out, which is never easy for anybody. A couple of ugly wins or close ones against bad teams and that could be it, but, there's a real chance they can get in to this thing and it's crazier every week.
                I believe that it was ESPN but since I have been reading a lot of articles, I cannot swear to it. However, all 14 of their panel had UC at either 3 or 4 in the CFP. In the past, they would have already been making excueses. This year, they seem to be showing some love. I actually think that some of the sport writers would like to see UC in it because they could probably sell more news about it. Would it be great to have a rematch of UC against Georgia for the national championship.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X